open diaries 1200 calories a day

Options

Replies

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I do hope you all are eating back your exercise calories, otherwise 1200 is almost always too low & unsustainable over the long term.

I agree: read the post linked earlier in this post. 1200 or lower calories will wreck a person over the long term.

Feel free to add me if you want to have a look at someone who eats plenty, works hard, and plays hard too. My calorie intake is 2000/day and I am steadily losing weight.
  • gmoney75
    gmoney75 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 1200 a day, feel free to add me as a friend, then you can see my diary
  • apothecarist
    Options
    You may take a look at my diary as well.
  • smadacarlyle
    smadacarlyle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary, feel free to look (and PM me if you have a question on my recipes). I also have 1-2 glasses of wine or a beer a night.
    The one thing i always do it try to eat back my calories burn from cardio (est 50-150 per day). Also, since i have set my goals as a drastic weight loss, i do not worry if i go up to 1500 one day. I just try to make sure what i am eating, is healthy.

ETA - i completely agree with that 1200 is not enough. However I am trying to jump start my weightloss with re-learning how to make healthy choices. Also, my original goal is set with little to no exercise. Once i start incorporating running and strength training, i will be eating 1500-2000 on a regular basis.
  • cfletch123
    Options
    mine is open, just add me! take a look!
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends. You can add me. I tend to eat the same things most days and average about 1200 calories per day. With big workouts I might eat more - if I am hungry. My breakfast and lunch is the same almost everyday but I love that food and find no need to change it if it's healthy and I love what I eat. :)
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. I like cooking so if you see a recipe you're interested in, I'll send it over.
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    add me as a friend and you can view mine. I had a metabolic assessment done and determined I have a low metabolism so I am on a certain plan they prescribed around that amount of calories. :)
  • grandmastime
    grandmastime Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. Although I am at 1200 cals a day I excercize alot and eat back (or try to) my calories. I eat on the go during the days so my meals are a little funny there but feel free to add me.
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary and I don't understand why most people keep theirs private. Can someone tell me if I shouldn't be as candid. Also I noticed that your diary is private as well. Until I learn why I shouldn't mine will be open and I try to stay at about 1300. I love food and helps me to avoid temptation by eating more filling foods than eating a large variety. I suppose I might worry about criticism regarding some of my choices, but I'm open for suggestions too.
  • mrsTravo9112
    mrsTravo9112 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My diary is open... I usually eat around 1200 calories, depending on my workouts- I eat more for fuel. I love to eat & would love to gain some more receipes & share what I have! 8)
  • Richard269
    Options
    Yep add me I am around 1200 cals have lost 24 pound since feb this year
  • kmerr85
    kmerr85 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary and try to stay just under 1200.
  • saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Mine is open :) Feel free to add!
  • learninmama
    learninmama Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too :) Been doing close to 1200 (& eating back what I work out)
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm working on staying around 1200 calories, and usually come up under. I do Intermittent Fasting, though. So I eat 2 meals a day with maybe a snack. And one day a week I will go over heavily (1500 cals or so) just for drinking or if I go out to eat or whatever. A cheat day, if you will.

Add me if you want! :)
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary and I don't understand why most people keep theirs private. Can someone tell me if I shouldn't be as candid. Also I noticed that your diary is private as well. Until I learn why I shouldn't mine will be open and I try to stay at about 1300. I love food and helps me to avoid temptation by eating more filling foods than eating a large variety. I suppose I might worry about criticism regarding some of my choices, but I'm open for suggestions too.

My diary is only open to my friends. I keep it closed to public because them not seeing my updates and knowing what is going on in my life to effect some choices I may make, makes their opinions biased. So I don't like strangers throwing my personal choices in my face.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I am on maintenance now and eating at about 1600. But you're welcome to check out my diary from September 2012 through about February 2013 where I was at 1240 a day.
  • twinkletoes150
    Options
    today is my first day.
    can someone tell me how to make my diary open?
    i cant figured it out.
    i want it open so people can see it (might make me think twice about cheating...ha)
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 F and am at 1200 a day, however I usually burn roughly 200-500 cals a day so I can eat more. I'm also a relatively 'clean-eater' just because it's my preference. Anyone feel free to add if you'd like to see my diary and/or support each other!