Couch-to-5k HELP

Options
Starting Couch-to-5k tonight... How does everyone log their time?

Replies

• tpw1969
    tpw1969 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone get one of the many free C25K apps that can help you track through the program.
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    I have a HRM that I use. If you dont have one I would suggest calculating how long it took you to run a mile and use the log that MFP gives you in the Exercise tracking!
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't have a HRM so I just use the calorie estimate on the treadmill, or if you run outside you can use map my run or a similar app on your smartphone that will also give you an estimate. Keep in mind these will be rough estimates though, a HRM would best if you really want accuracy. Good luck! I just finished week 5 and I'm loving it :smile:
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    If you have a smart phone get one of the many free C25K apps that can help you track through the program.

^^ This ^^ most of the apps (if you're using one) keeps track of it and then I use that info to put it into MFP. Unfortunately you basically put it in as straight running at 5 mph because they don't have anything else, but running on a treadmill I found that I'm pretty close to it anyways.
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Since my stupid HRM stopped working, I log the time as the MPH for how many minutes I do that speed. This helps me stay on track with raising my time but also makes me not have to remember a lot of numbers.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I like that app i used it to get me back in shape i like using a heart rate monitor for everything they are pretty inexpensive and by far the best tool in my weight lose arsonal :)
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Download endomondo - will use GPS to track how quickly you run, elevation, etc. and automatically sync with MFP :)
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    For the time, I just used a digital watch with a stopwatch function.

If you really serious and have a smart phone, get an app, or use IntervalTimer. It's an app you can set the interval times individually for the running parts and the walking parts. It sounds off on when to run, then again on when to walk, and repeats until your done.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I downloaded "C25k Free" on my android phone. It's a complete C25k program and it's FREE!
  • jsingley899
    jsingley899 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just use the free app. I just finished my second day of couch to 5k. The first day was a bit tough, but day two was easier. I also signed up with gympact to keep me motivated. I'm only in week 2 so we shall see!
  • strawberriekt24
    strawberriekt24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    When I do C-2-5k, I run outside I have used Endomondo to track my run and then it averages my pace, so I log the average pace and time onto mfp.