Vintage/Retro style

silvergurl518
silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
any vintage gals here? i had a pinup photo shoot on friday because i love love love the style so much :) i'm trying to learn how to do victory rolls...but it's freaking hard. any experts in here? share your style!

8451817_3349.jpg

Replies

• A friend of mine has a vintage shop on etsy called SucreSucre AND she had liberty rolls as her wedding hairstyle. You should check it out - she once sold a hat to CBS for their "las vegas" show (takes place in 70s i think?)
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    I am trying to build my confidence to get into this style more! I feel like when more of my inches disappear I could do it!

I just ordered a vintage/retro looking bathing suit in red and white polka dots! Can't wait!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    vintage_zps193fb4bd.gif
  • silvergurl518
    vintage_zps193fb4bd.gif

hahhaa. love you, crosby.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    any vintage gals here? i had a pinup photo shoot on friday because i love love love the style so much :) i'm trying to learn how to do victory rolls...but it's freaking hard. any experts in here? share your style!

8451817_3349.jpg

Gorgeous pic, sexy lady :wink: :love:

I love the pin-up look, and the styles are so flattering.

I'm awful at styling hair, I can't even do the Old Hollywood style curls! Maybe there are some youtube videos on how to do Victory rolls?
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Lots of hair spray! And teasing. For the rolls I mean.
    I usually do my hair that way when I go out.

I used to own a lot of vintage style clothes when I was heavier. Love it so much; it's all so beautiful!
    I'd love to do pin up modeling! A friend of mine even does shhots for fun. Sadly the weight loss left me a big saggy.

getting smoothed out enough to look decent in pics is a goal of mine.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Beautiful pic! :flowerforyou:

Now that's when people knew how to dress. :glasses:
  • peachfigs
    retro-swimsuit-red.jpg

Love these retro swimsuits...
  • silvergurl518
    www.youtube.com/thecherrydollface has some great tutorials. but putting them into practice = :-/

www.atomiccheesecakestudios.com is where i got my photos done. finished works haven't been edited yet...they are so so so amazing though! can't wait to share!
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    retro-swimsuit-red.jpg

Love these retro swimsuits...
    I have one of these suits in a cherry print and I looooove it! Also, my profile picture is from yesterday- Bettie Page's birthday. That's not my hair though... What, with having a mohawk and all, you know.

ETA: Pictures were self taken with a $6 Walmart wig, a rushed make up job, and a cell phone camera... Forgive the less-than-stellar photo quality.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Love this look. Found this lady when I was getting some reference for some pin up art I was doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV0jFweiHuY
  • peachfigs
    www.youtube.com/thecherrydollface has some great tutorials. but putting them into practice = :-/

www.atomiccheesecakestudios.com is where i got my photos done. finished works haven't been edited yet...they are so so so amazing though! can't wait to share!

Oh my, this thread makes me say 'Squeeeeeeeeee!!!' :love:
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    I love this look, and if I had more patience I would look like this... but I'm too damn lazy and I'm either in my uniform (Air Force) or in gym clothes... hahaha
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    I have one of those retro swimsuits. It's blue with big white polka dots <3
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    :drinker: Love this Style!! But it took a LOT of work -- And HairSpray!! -- to get the hair right.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    I love it too! I am taking burlesque dance lessons and next week we are doing pinup hair & makeup :)
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    As far as I know, Victory Rolls require 3 things:
    1) Slightly dirty hair
    2) LOTS of hairspray
    3) PRACTICE
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    I have a wedding to attend later this summer and have found a great wiggle dress to wear. I love the look but I like to pair it with modern hair/makeup. Otherwise I just feel like I look too cartoony. As far as a photo shoot, I think it's one of the best ideas and you look sex-ay!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Oh lord, I can't tell you the amount of time I used to spend on my hair when I frequented Rockabilly bars.

l.jpg
    l.jpg
    247198_10150660208755425_6834276_n.jpg

Ahhh prep work
    l.jpg
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member

8451817_3349.jpg

i LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture btw, you are simply GORGEOUS
    and PLEASE tell me that fabric has cupcakes on it?