Do/did most of you take before pics?

Options
sportzmom23
sportzmom23 Posts: 103 Member
I did waaaayyyyy back when. prob 2 years ago, before I got serious on my journey. Its been a long time since I wanted to be in pictures, so I took pics to try to motivate me enough to dig in and work.Still took about 14 months for me to get there, and I forgot about the before shots.

I've been feeling blahish lately, in part bc I am playing with the same 2 pounds, which comes partly from hormonal issues I have, partly from not being so serious lately. Haven't been as serious bc I haven't been feeling any progress in close to a month, and an injury sidelined me for several weeks.

Had a friend I haven't seen all winter comment on my loss, and I told her how I viewed myself. She said dig out old pictures, look at the difference, take new pictures. Well, I dug around and found those old pics today, then took new ones, and man, did it ever boost my day! Am I done with this journey, no, but I now have a better picture in my head of how far I have come! Obviously many parts are smaller, which i 'knew' but I didn't realize how much firmer I am.

I know many people post their progress pics, that's not me, but I will highly recommend them!

Replies

• Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I do because I look in the mirror and I see the same me from 25+ lbs ago. I know I wear a smaller size, I know I've lost 25# but I just don't see it until I look at pictures. Even at a scale standstill - I've still lost a significant amount of inches. PIctures tell way more than the mirror!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm happy that I did - I can have an inaccurate view of myself. Some days I see myself as a lot thinner than I am, get tempted to be complacent; I see photos and realize I have a ways to go. Most days, though, it is the opposite. I feel large and awkward and like progress has been slow; then I see photos and realize I've made amazing progress and look SO good!
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I took beginning pictures and a few weeks ago I took some more. I was amazed at the difference I cannot see when I look at the mirror. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND before pictures!
  • kmc979
    kmc979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i wasn't going to but i'm glad i did. I didn't take mine until I had already lost around 8-10 pounds. I remember what I looked like, as do my friends, but when i do side by side compares it is amazing. I never see what is truly in the mirror, if i'm fat i see not fat, if i'm thin i see fat. I am grateful i took the pictures because they really help to motivate.
    In fact, just a couple weeks ago a co-worker was commenting to me about another co-workers weight loss. While i agreed with her i scolded her for not noticing mine (she is clueless, it took the other person 80 pounds before she noticed and i had only lost 30). I had never shown anyone my pics except for here but i busted them out and her jaw dropped to the floor! it felt good!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I was lucky that I had some taken of me (one just a few days before I started) and then proceeded to take one every month or two throughout my weight loss. I was able to create a weight loss album with the pictures and now use it when I talk to groups about my weight loss journey.

I can't recommend it enough! It's a big boost when you stall or need a reminder of how far you've come!
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I did. I think I would still have a horrible body image had I not taken my before pictures, and then during pictures. When I look in the mirror, sometimes I still see who I was 30lbs. ago, not now. The pictures help remind me of how far I've come.
  • Viva81Diva
    Viva81Diva Posts: 148
    Options
    Oh yes for sure!! If I didn't then I wouldn't be able to see a difference after just 10 days of working out. It's amazing how 2 weeks can make a difference! I restarted my journey, and just took some before pics yesterday, so each month I will be taking them to see how far I will have come.

Total confidence builder! Glad it made your day! :)
  • jewels319
    jewels319 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Pics......ugh.....
    I have pic before kids 20 yrs old............we know that's history!
    I have a pic 10 months after my first born.....possibility!
    I have a pic from last summer.....seriously....where's my herd! Heffer!
    I have a pic from two weeks ago...fully clothed....big diff from last yr that's for sure.
    Will def take a pic in another month.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I wish I had. When I hit 200+ lb, I stop getting on the scale and refused to have a picture taken. Now I wish I had for comparison sake.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I took my 1st "before" pics this past Sunday. I honestly didnt realize just HOW BIG I had become. Granted, I knew that I had picked up weight, but when I looked in the mirror I wasnt "disgusted" with what I saw - just thought I was thick, like my husband likes me!

When I actually looked at my pics, I thought "this is what my husband sees"?? Oh . . . . heck no! I've got to change that! I know he loves me unconditionally, but I'm doing this for ME and the pics will serve as a reminder of what I DONT want to be.

Looking forward to taking updated pics after 30 days to see what progress I've made (because in the past, I could never tell from simply looking in the mirror).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I wish I had but I haven't been learning and still haven't taken a picture. Although there's a horrible one of me at my max weight somewhere, even though I'm sitting and it's not that obvious.

I can tell by the way clothes fit though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!