Is there a reason for this...?

Options
I'm really curious. I've notice a trend at the gym that I don't understand. I see these guys who have massive arms, huge upper body but their legs look like they should have a message tied to them. I realize "people in glass houses..." but its the weirdest thing and I'm curious why. Maybe I should just focus on my own workout and let others do the same but can that be healthy?

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I've wondered that too. Maybe because their legs get cut off in the bathroom mirror, and they don't see how stupid it looks?
  • phjorg
    phjorg Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious. I've notice a trend at the gym that I don't understand. I see these guys who have massive arms, huge upper body but their legs look like they should have a message tied to them. I realize "people in glass houses..." but its the weirdest thing and I'm curious why. Maybe I should just focus on my own workout and let others do the same but can that be healthy?
    look at everyone in a gym at any moment in time who are lifting. How many are doing some variant of a push exercise or arms? vast majority right?

When it's all you workout, you will get imbalanced over time.
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    skip-leg-day.jpg
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I've wondered that too. Maybe because their legs get cut off in the bathroom mirror, and they don't see how stupid it looks?

This makes sense.
  • koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It's epidemic in EVERY gym I've been to in the last 15yrs.

People are lazy to do squats, deadlifts and legs. Then they are lazy to do the exercise properly so further degrading it's value.

Koing
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    skip-leg-day.jpg
    LMFAO! :noway:
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    I once had this friend, we went to the gym everyday.
    As soon as he got there he would bench. That's all her would do was life.
    He looked like and idiot. He had a huge upper body but would never even think about working out his legs.
  • MissyINGa
    MissyINGa Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    LMBO!!! I don't get it either but it is entertaining to see and watch at the gym.