Best place to buy barbells and plates?

Options
2»

Replies

• n3ver3nder
    n3ver3nder Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Get a decent bar, decent rack, decent bumpers. Get your iron plates on the cheap.

But for that to be relevant, you'd need a decent program. Les Mills encourages crap technique, learn to lift properly then decide if it's still for you.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    CraigsList....

Lot's of people buy this stuff, never use it, then sell it relatively cheap.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options

I use the beater bar almost exclusively for deadlifts. I LOVE it for deadlifts. It's not -that- much bigger around. I got it so my wife and I could lift at the same time.

For just one bar, would highly, highly recommend the Rippetoe Bar. It's amazing.
    Obviously you can't go wrong with the Rogue bar either!

I didn't see the rippetoe on the website, so i assume its no longer offered. but i'll double check. also looking at the mens econo bar.
    Get a decent bar, decent rack, decent bumpers. Get your iron plates on the cheap.

But for that to be relevant, you'd need a decent program. Les Mills encourages crap technique, learn to lift properly then decide if it's still for you.

i'm sure the OP will be much better off listening to an anonymous internet post then following a program that a multimillion dollar company spent thousands testing and producing.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    bump
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Play it Again Sports always has stuff for cheap.