I'm 5'5" what should my goal weight be. I'm 42 years old

Options
Melissaol
Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
I'm not sure what my goal should be. For my age.
Any ideas

Replies

• SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    what size would you like to wear? that's what counts.
  • ValleyNikki
    Options
    I would just aim for a healthy BMI & keep going until you feel your best .
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Dina. I'm 5'4 1/2 & my goal weight is to be 130 lbs but I'd be happy at 145 -150.:flowerforyou:
  • KCGettinFit2014
    Options
    Check out the below website. Its a good starting point.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ibw/
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would just aim for a healthy BMI & keep going until you feel your best .

This!

I am 5' 5 1/2" and weigh 150 right now. I am a small frame and would like to get down to 135, but my daughter, at 5' 6" is very lean at 145-150 because she has a larger frame than I do. There are many factors to consider, like muscle mass, bone structure, body shape, etc. Use your height as a rough extimate. Get to a healthy BMI, then reevaluate what you need to do to feel good.
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This calculator helps you figure out your body frame size and your ideal weight based on that. It was pretty accurate for me. At 5'7" medium frame, it says I should weigh between 133 and 147, which is a pretty good sized range, and since I'm down to 154 now, I can say I think that would probably be a good range for me in reality. http://www.superskinnyme.com/ideal_weight_calculator.html
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My goal weight was always 140. I don't know why, just was. But the older I get, 40 now, and the longer I've been part of this MFP community, the less I'm concerned with weight - and the more I want to look good. So now I really don't have a "goal weight" per se anymore - I have a "goal body"
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    149 or less for your bmi to be in the normal range