BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Solution; don't drink.

Empty calories suck for dieting.

We have a brainchild in the thread!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • LucindaSanter
    LucindaSanter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Too funny beerrunner....bu I can see your points:)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    dont drink it causes liver damage
    and other horrible stuff

dont drink calories . eat them
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Exercise.

Eat as sensibly as I can.

And have fun.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    SAME problem here babycakes! BUTTTT I have learned how to get around this.:bigsmile:

1.) Work a little harder ar at the gym. An extra mile on the treadmill should do it!

2.)Eliminate any liquid calories in the daytime like pop, juice, etc.....

3.) Stay Hydrated!....drink lots of WATER!!!

4.) Take a multivitamin

5.) reserve some calories for the drinks!

And enjoy your wine!!!!!:bigsmile:

This! I think this is a great solution to your problem! :bigsmile:

I knew youd agree babycakes!!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Not sure if youre male or female too lazy to check, but I read a study recently that was reviewing french women who drank and those who abstained and the drinkers had a lower BMI. Think french paradox and be happy!

Might give you a little glimmer of hope.

*edit because evidently work makes me unable to write.
  • Hilz789
    Hilz789 Posts: 2
    Options
    @beerrunner - you gotta add me as a friend.
    I'm on your wavelength!! :-)

You may want to loose weight - but you still gotta live.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    @beerrunner - you gotta add me as a friend.
    I'm on your wavelength!! :-)

You may want to loose weight - but you still gotta live.

For reallzzz!!! THis playa still has to live a little. I eint going dry!!! helll Naaahhhhhh
    I'm gonna work harder just so I can Live life like I want to!!

Eat good
    lift heavy
    Be able to run
    Be able to enjoy My buzzz on at nights!!!
    Be a sex machine! :devil:

And have the most awesome tan in all of MFP!!!! wattt upppp!?!?!?!:bigsmile:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster who said the throw away use of the word alcoholic is not right.

People who drink in sensible moderation are not alcoholics and alcohol in sensible moderation is not a health risk - but of course it gave the 'alcohol is poison, save your liver!' posters an opening :tongue:

Re your question: I drink half strength shot of spirit with diet coke - 35 calories,

I can easily drink a few of these a week and not go over my calorie limit.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I think you need to look up what it means to be a alcoholic (functioning or otherwise), and be more careful about throwing that word around.

This.
    100x this.
  • SewersofCasaBonita
    Options
    AHHAHAAHAHA .. it's so funny to joke about alcoholism.

Oh, wait.. no, it's not.
  • Laurelthequeen
    Options
    I drink whiskey on the rocks, vodka martinis, manhattans, or gin & diet tonic.

Not much other than liquor (which doesn't tend to have any extraneous calories).
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I actually have trouble drinking too much, and I thought this thread was going to be for people like me who live normal lives but struggle with a tendency to overdo it on a regular basis. Instead, I read about what sounds like highly responsible drinking. Oh well...
  • Laurelthequeen
    Options
    I actually have trouble drinking too much, and I thought this thread was going to be for people like me who live normal lives but struggle with a tendency to overdo it on a regular basis. Instead, I read about what sounds like highly responsible drinking. Oh well...

This happens when I drink wine. As a result, I don't keep anything other than a box of cheap white wine (for cooking) in the house as I'm not tempted by junk.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I get a vodka press with two lemons...a press is just soda water with a tad bit of sprite (the pure soda water is TOO dry for me to handle, I need a tad bit of sweetness) and the two lemons really add a lot of flavor and vitamin c....but if you are at home or at a house party you can always do powerade zero or sobe water and vodka or any type of clear liqour
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    At first, I was saving nutrition calories to have whiskey at the end of the day.

Now alcohol is more of a winding down from the week kind of treat; I'll have a drink before dinner on Friday, maybe also on Saturday.

Or I use it if I've earned extra calories.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I drink whiskey on the rocks, vodka martinis, manhattans, or gin & diet tonic.

Not much other than liquor (which doesn't tend to have any extraneous calories).

Liquor actually can pack in the calories depending on what proof it is. Damn Jagermeister...
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I should add though that sometimes if it doesn't fit in my calorie range ill just "drink" my dinner and have a bloody mary or 3 so I can get some veggies in as well lol....an then continue on drinking vodka presses the rest of the night
  • sjacks14
    sjacks14 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I realized early on that alcohol is one of my main problems too. I had no idea how many calories I was drinking. So now, I work it into my calories. Works most of the time.