having trouble meeting 1200 cal!!!

Options
No, no you're not. Eat an avocado and a spoonful of peanut butter. None of us got here by not being able to eat 1200 calories a day, you're not fooling anyone.

/end rant

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I :love: you so much.

(And I think the "fooling" part is especially relevant. Disguising yourself as someone who eats at starvation levels is not going to make you thin, motivate you to be thin, or make people think 'wow, she is going to be SO THIN!'")
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    haha I was about to rage on this post. Seriously, 'can't make 1200' is like saying 'I can't breathe enough'.... YES YOU CAN!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

thank you. i find that very hard to believe that people cannot eat to 1200 calories. they may be filling up on healthier foods, but it's very easy to get to 1200 by eating those healthy fats and tasty proteins.
  • ChelsG77
    ChelsG77 Posts: 35
    Options
    Nicely Done!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    haha I was about to rage on this post. Seriously, 'can't make 1200' is like saying 'I can't breathe enough'.... YES YOU CAN!

Me too. So glad it wasn't.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6wkqu269Z1qihztbo1_500.gif
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Love his post!!!
  • iamluce
    iamluce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    [strums guitar] some people have/are recovering from eating disorders and it's really hard for them to eat much [strums guitar]
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    half of my friends are on more calories than 1200. Kind of makes me feel like an outsider.....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

This.
  • buffty
    buffty Posts: 83
    Options
    I got fat from boozing. I'm not used to eating 3 full meals a day, struggling to meet my 1200 quota. No, seriously, we do exist.
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    No, no you're not. Eat an avocado and a spoonful of peanut butter. None of us got here by not being able to eat 1200 calories a day, you're not fooling anyone.

/end rant

This. A million times this.

I eat way too many avocados now though :)
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • LilKip
    LilKip Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    omg do people really say that? insane. whats hard is not going over!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds ridiculous, but I honestly had this trouble at first. My problem was snacking between meals, and I decided to get rid of the snacking. Without snacking, I was coming in under 1200 calories every day. I wasn't used to eating very much at one time because of all the snacking, and it made me uncomfortable to eat the appropriate amount of food at one time.

The problem sorted itself out, though. With less snacking, I was more hungry. Now I have a hard time keeping my calories capped at around 1500 per day.
  • skdaeffler
    skdaeffler Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I really never thought that I could but it has been 1 week and it is all good. I am happy and feeling healthier than I have ever been.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I got fat from boozing. I'm not used to eating 3 full meals a day, struggling to meet my 1200 quota. No, seriously, we do exist.

me too except when i drank i ate i just didn't remember the next day so i never counted it. LOL!!!!

a spoonful of peanut butter makes the calories go up, the calories go up, the calories go up. :bigsmile:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    [strums guitar] some people have/are recovering from eating disorders and it's really hard for them to eat much [strums guitar]

To be fair, this is a valid exception.

Part of the reason we hit the "can't eat 1200" crowd so hard is because many people, due to undereating, develop health problems similar to (or else the disorder itself) eating disorders. Eating more is a very good thing.
  • aberc
    aberc Posts: 98
    Options
    I don't know guys, badgering people who complain about reaching 1200 calories isn't much more helpful than badgering someone about their weight..

I was one of those "trouble reaching 1200 calories" people. We're usually just misguided, used to eating so little, etc.. When you're eating that little, you're usually also convinced that fats are bad and so you think you have to eat vegetables and protein and fruit to get those calories, and you're just too full to eat it all and don't want to get yourself over-eating again..
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    surely add all things that amount to 1200 cals in a smoothie maker = done.