I really BLEW IT TODAY!!!

Options
I really blew it today. It was a bad day. So, since it was such a bad day I binged and ate over 3,500 calories!!!!!!!!! I BLEW IT!!
I hope I can fast the whole day tomorrow to make up for the binging! Like I said, it turned out to be a bad day. :( I need support people.

Replies

• toojuicy057
    toojuicy057 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    everyday is a fresh start
  • kalexmac
    kalexmac Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    don't do that, just start fresh. don't let it derail the rest of your diet.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Fasting tomorrow because you over-eat today is a form of punishing yourself and it's unhealthy. It will set you up with destructive behaviors concerning food and solidify "I am a good person when I don't eat/I am a bad person when I do eat" ideas, which will ultimately hinder your weight loss.

Log your binge, dust off, and start again tomorrow. We all have days where we blow it. You'll be okay.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Quite sure I blew it too the day before I started my diet.

That being said... it's not a good sign if you binge in your diet before you've even lost a lb.
  • SuccessHere
    SuccessHere Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I have binged like this many times before. That's why I put so much weight on. But at least now I am keeping track of it. Like I said, it turned out to be a bad day.

Say, how did you folks lose all that weight? I want to take off 30 lbs.
  • oceanblue6
    oceanblue6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just get back on track tomorrow. Everyone has days like this. Totally your preference-- but I would re-think the fast. Tomorrow eat healthfully, drink a ton of water, get some extra exercise and keep on going! And try not to beat yourself up. We are all works in progress!
  • SuccessHere
    SuccessHere Posts: 240 Member
    Options

That being said... it's not a good sign if you binge in your diet before you've even lost a lb.

That has been my pattern for a few years now.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

That has been my pattern for a few years now.

Well at least you're trying. When you're really ready, you'll stop binging. It took me 14 years to get there...
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It happens! See if you can figure out what triggered the binge, learn from it. I recently learned that if I under ear for a day or two (because I'm juts not feeling that hungry or interested in food for whatever reason) I'm setting myself up for a major binge a couple days later. Now I understand why I need to eat a minimum amount of calories in addition to a maximum.
  • JennaBunny143
    JennaBunny143 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    They taught me in weight watchers that if you ate a bad meal try to start over then and there. If you drop an egg on the floor do you say oh the hell with with it and slam the whole carton on the floor or the whole carton of milk. Maybe get some more excersie today and just remember.. you can start your day over at ANY moment. Good Luck
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Fasting tomorrow because you over-eat today is a form of punishing yourself and it's unhealthy. It will set you up with destructive behaviors concerning food and solidify "I am a good person when I don't eat/I am a bad person when I do eat" ideas, which will ultimately hinder your weight loss.

Log your binge, dust off, and start again tomorrow. We all have days where we blow it. You'll be okay.

Truth!

Also fasting will just set you up for another binge. It's a cycle you don't want to be in.
  • rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    Bad days happen to everyone...watch your macros and add in steady exercise...you'll lose the weight. Gotta burn more than you take it....no secret to that, but the right kind of foods are key. Avoid anything processed, limit white foods (white rice, white bread, pasta etc...)

Bring it man! Focus on your goal.

Go clean our your pantry and toss out the chips. Make a commitment to yourself for the next 90 days and you will see a change you can be proud of.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I had a terrible day yesterday - but today was better. Life goes on =)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    everyday is a fresh start

worst advice ever.

if you don't learn from your past, you are doomed to repeat it. life isn't a board game (although there is a board game named Life). you can't just start a new game and have things go differently. you have to understand why you did what you did, and try and prevent it in the future.

are you to restrictive on your calories? do you deny yourself many favorite foods you've percieved as bad? there are no bad foods, only improper quantities. were you overly stressed out and threw caution to the wind?

think about what caused you to binge today. be mindful of when it can happen again, and think about what you can do to prevent it from happening again.

please don't fast tomorrow, although you might not be hungry for breakfast. you didn't binge today, you just fueled up for a big early morning work out.
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said, just log it and move on.
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    well sorry you had a bad day.. tomorrow is a new day. start fresh. i agree that you really shouldnt fast.. please eat tomorrow.. eat what you are supposed to. dont let the binge get you down.. but try to fight the idea next time. good luck but hang on you will get there.
  • Tkrauty
    Tkrauty Posts: 2
    Options
    I COMPLETELY agree with R2D2. If you starve yourself tomorrow, not only are you messing up your metabolism but you are setting yourself up for more failure. It isnt ALL or NOTHING - I very very hard concept to grasp...but attainable. Keep it strong! You got this!
  • ktdidit78
    ktdidit78 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It happens! Figure out your triggers and find something else to do to deal with them. Emotional eating, especially when you're mad at yourself for eating... is never good. And fasting is never the answer to a binge. If you overate because you were stressed out or upset, sad, mad, happy... whatever!... you need to create a new relationship with food. Food is fuel, not a friend or a pacifier. Acknowledge those emotions, don't eat them away.

Definitely give your pantry a makeover. Start today - throw out anything you tend to binge on or have no control with. Plan your meals accordingly. You will lose the weight if you follow your calorie goals and don't be too hard on yourself.
  • sriley721
    sriley721 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The great thing about logging everything is you can see where you went wrong, where you did well and how far you have come. Bad days will still happen but the first step is honesty in logging what you ate.
  • baozytools12
    Options
    I really blew it today. It was a bad day. So, since it was such a bad day I binged and ate over 3,500 calories!!!!!!!!! I BLEW IT!!
    I hope I can fast the whole day tomorrow to make up for the binging! Like I said, it turned out to be a bad day. :( I need support people.

Only 3500 calories? lols ... that's not that much bro, calm down. Fresh new start tomorrow. What's done is done, do not punish yourself, you are human