The Insanity DVD workouts

Options
This is my first time using this workout program and I'm just trying to get some motivation and ideas to keep myself motivated the entire time. Has anyone done it and have any suggestions?? I'd appreciate it! :smile:

Replies

• ssavage76
    ssavage76 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did the first two weeks and had to stop due to health issues and had to post pone because a cold followed right after!
    But I'm hoping to start it back again next week when my school schedule is less crazy.
    So I suppose my only advise is to do it when you are able to commit the time. The workouts aren't too long and after you get the awesome feeling like you did something great for yourself.
  • CoachColin
    Options
    I'd love to help. I haven't done that much of Insanity. I did P90X and have since added Insanity for cardio days.
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I tried once before and made it to week 1 of month 2 and then life got in the way. Now I am on week 2 of month 2 and it really is hard to push play sometimes but the results are so worth it. You just have to make it a habit or part of your routine. Be determined to stick with it and maybe find someone to keep you accountable.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Im on day 3 of week 2. Like Shaun says you have to "dig deep". Pushing play is hard but its feels great after!!
  • kaycee220
    kaycee220 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i have a week and half left!!

shaun t is doing a bday challenge that he announced on facebook and is doing the 60 days along with everyone else. we started on april 4.

for me just being a part of a group helped a lot b/c i didn't want to get left out when they all finished. 60 days is going to pass by no matter what.

the first couple of weeks was hard, but then it just got to be routine and something that i just did everyday. it helped to have the calendar up and i X'd out the exercise after i finished. you'll be surprised how fast it goes! i have 3 kids and i just made it a priority to get it done. if i kept waiting for the right time to work out, i'd never finish. sometimes i'd wake up early just to get it out of the way, or i just exercised around the kids (even when they are climbing all over me when i'm doing push ups or in and out abs!)

try to find others who are doing it in the same time frame as you. the beachbody message boards are also great and you can post if you did the workout for that day to keep you accountable.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Set yourself a prize at the end. I promised myself if I finished I could buy myself a new softball bat in the $150 range. I have 4 workout and 1 rest day left before I finish!!! It didn't hurt my motivation when a friend told me I wouldn't be able to finish it and I should try something easier.

Look out (insert local sports store here) here I come!!!:laugh:
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I would suggest doing it first thing in the morning and drinking lots of water. Also pace your self durning the exercises and get a heart rate monitor.
  • sugardaddy0331
    Options
    So I saw the infommercial and people come on and talk about loosing 6 billion pounds or something like that. Those of you who tried it; did you actually loose any weight, body sculpt or just 'feel good' after doing it?
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Definitely do It in the morning and get it out of the way, if possible. I'm 2 weeks away from finishing my second round of Insanity, but motivation has slipped because I'd wait too late and not feel like doing it..lol. Otherwise, it's an awesome program and you will achieve good results as long as your diet is in check
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of week 2. Its hard, I am not going to lie. I am the queen of excuses. My roomates and I are doing it together. I told him that I needed to be held accountable... that he COULDNT let me back out... and he hasnt... although to be honest... I haven't really tried. When I see them get ready for the workout I just go in and get my gear on. I want a better body. I want to be healthier. I want to push myself and I want that dang shirt.... I will earn it. I will complete the 60 days and I will feel so proud of myself for starting and FINISHING it :)

So my advice: Find someone that wont let you quit. That wont let you talk yourself out of doing it. That wont listen to excuses. Put the DVD in and press play... and then dig deep and push yourself.

Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    So I saw the infommercial and people come on and talk about loosing 6 billion pounds or something like that. Those of you who tried it; did you actually loose any weight, body sculpt or just 'feel good' after doing it?

I've lost 12 pounds and about 13 inches overall. I haven't followed the meal plan and I am not the cleanest eater but I do attempt to stay under my calorie goal. I'm sure if I followed the meal plan the loss would be greater. The thing to remember about Insanity, and any other program for that matter, is you only get out what you put in. I talked a friend into doing it and after 5 weeks there has been no size or weight difference. There has been a lot of I can't do this because or I won't do that because. It only works if YOU work!
  • ShannonDoerr
    ShannonDoerr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5 right now.. I have a blog on my profile that talks about my experiences the first couple weeks. I am still doing Insanity, but have cut down on blogging since things got repetitive. As of now I have only lost a pound, but have lost inches and my body is getting tighter and stronger every day. I really don't have that much weight to lose though, so don't let my lack of weight loss discourage you. I have seen a lot of success stories of people on here who had a lot to lose and did it with this program. I am hoping that in month 2 I will lose some pounds of fat, despite my gaining of muscle. Definitely try and stick with it, there is a great community of people doing it right now with you. We're here to support you!
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5 right now.. I have a blog on my profile that talks about my experiences the first couple weeks. I am still doing Insanity, but have cut down on blogging since things got repetitive. As of now I have only lost a pound, but have lost inches and my body is getting tighter and stronger every day. I really don't have that much weight to lose though, so don't let my lack of weight loss discourage you. I have seen a lot of success stories of people on here who had a lot to lose and did it with this program. I am hoping that in month 2 I will lose some pounds of fat, despite my gaining of muscle. Definitely try and stick with it, there is a great community of people doing it right now with you. We're here to support you!

I've seen a few blogs and things, I'll def check yours out! I've heard from most of the people I've talked to that they saw the most improvement the 2nd month! I'm definitely going to try to stick with it! I'm going to Vegas in July and I want to feel amazing in my bikini!
  • dannatona
    Options
    Definitely do It in the morning and get it out of the way, if possible. I'm 2 weeks away from finishing my second round of Insanity, but motivation has slipped because I'd wait too late and not feel like doing it..lol. Otherwise, it's an awesome program and you will achieve good results as long as your diet is in check

I do most of my workouts in the morning for that reason! I always have an excuse after work if on why I can't do it. But, for the most part, I'm able to force myself out of bed an hour early to workout and give my day a good start.
  • bf1110
    bf1110 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Its a great workout to do just keep in mind do the whole video but if u need to stop and breath during it do that and if you cant do as many as they do its ok just do what you can do and you will get better at it and lose weight gain muscle and look great
  • dannatona
    Options
    I am on day 2 of week 2. Its hard, I am not going to lie. I am the queen of excuses. My roomates and I are doing it together. I told him that I needed to be held accountable... that he COULDNT let me back out... and he hasnt... although to be honest... I haven't really tried. When I see them get ready for the workout I just go in and get my gear on. I want a better body. I want to be healthier. I want to push myself and I want that dang shirt.... I will earn it. I will complete the 60 days and I will feel so proud of myself for starting and FINISHING it :)

So my advice: Find someone that wont let you quit. That wont let you talk yourself out of doing it. That wont listen to excuses. Put the DVD in and press play... and then dig deep and push yourself.

Good luck to you :flowerforyou:

I'm really looking forward to feeling proud of myself for finishing it. My boyfriend is doing it with me as well, hopefully he doesn't let me give him any excuses! I'm excited to see what kind of progress I'm going to be able to make!
  • sugardaddy0331
    Options
    This is a very motivating thread!
  • dannatona
    Options
    if i kept waiting for the right time to work out, i'd never finish. sometimes i'd wake up early just to get it out of the way, or i just exercised around the kids (even when they are climbing all over me when i'm doing push ups or in and out abs!)

OOoooooh those in and out abs are KILLER! Couldn't imagine having someone climbing all over me while doing it!