Vintage/Retro style

Options

Replies

• Nonnyette
    Nonnyette Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fleur de Guerre at Diary of a Vintage Girl has a good Victory Roll how-to video - check out her blog and the accompanying videos. Victory Rolls aren't too bad if you practice a bit. Another blogger to check out is Jeni Yesterday, who also has a couple of how-to videos.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I so want to get into this style, but I just don't have the time for the upkeep!

I'd love to have a pinup photoshoot, though. <3
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    any vintage gals here? i had a pinup photo shoot on friday because i love love love the style so much :) i'm trying to learn how to do victory rolls...but it's freaking hard. any experts in here? share your style!

8451817_3349.jpg

i LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture btw, you are simply GORGEOUS
    and PLEASE tell me that fabric has cupcakes on it?

hey doll! thanks for posting all those fabulous pics of you with sweet pinup/rockabilly hair! it's soooo much time/maintenance that i certainly couldn't do it every day but maybe once a week ;) yep--the corset has cupcakes! OMG it was so tight. i definitely had a waist when it was all said and done. my mom took this pic; the real ones are amazing. STAY TUNED!
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love the style, but it's the clothes and not the whole look that I'm into, partially because the dresses are perfect for someone my shape. I have short hair, so the typical hairstyles don't work for me. I have just about every vintage/retro Vogue, Butterick, and McCalls sewing pattern out there. Just need more time to sew (and for everything else in my life).
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    If you can find one of these, it makes it about 5 billion times easier to do Victory Rolls. I have 2 sizes and they look vaguely like these...
    IMG_4567.jpg
  • _Xtine
    _Xtine Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love the hair style and clothes... and make up and... yep, I'm a fan. :)
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I totally love the style. One of my rewards when I hit goal is going to be a pin-up photo shoot. Can't wait!
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Beatiful picture and a great look
  • reallifealien
    reallifealien Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i'm a big fan of fashion from the late 70s/80s/some 90s/new romanticism etc.. i do own quite a bit of vintage
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    that pic is amazing. its beautiful;
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    IMG_9660.jpg
  • Mom4Liz
    Mom4Liz Posts: 55
    Options
    I love this style so much. Women back then knew how to work their curves. I found a couple of great dresses on Mod Cloth. So cute.
  • MrsWells1983
    Options
    My fave style, but being from a small country town and a farmers wife I don't get to wear it as much as I'd like. My profile pic is of me on my 30th b'day, all decked out in some 50s glamour. I'm hoping to drop enough weight by January so I can rock a gorgeous vintage/retro style dress for my friend's wedding.

Vintage rolls and winged eyeliner are both something I need to practice! For Christmas and birthday combined I've asked for a pinup photo shoot. You look absolutely stunning BTW!
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Oh lord, I can't tell you the amount of time I used to spend on my hair when I frequented Rockabilly bars.

l.jpg
    l.jpg
    247198_10150660208755425_6834276_n.jpg

Ahhh prep work
    l.jpg

^^^ girl you are sexay-schmexay!
  • Fat_Jimi
    Fat_Jimi Posts: 81
    Options
    I love any thing Vintage / Retro / Rockabilly / Hot Rod

this is a Youtube tutorial done by a friend of mine for Victory Rolls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEXNTKJXeMo

(I dont know how to post links here, but just dud a youtube search for Kat Creasey )

I hope it helps
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I loooooove that style for women! I can't really do the hairstyles but i love wearing red lipstick and dresses/skirts that show my curves. My bf goes bananas when I wear my retro nylons that have the black line up the back. I like that style for my apartment too, i have a stove and dining table set from the 40's and they are my favorite!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    attempted victory rolls today and failed! but i have some curl action going on....and a mini bouffant thingy on top....first time i ever teased my hair!!

935562_10100912070200816_913583636_n.jpg
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    ^^10/10 would "pinup" \m/

FINE!!!!! \m/
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i wish! love the style though.
    any vintage gals here? i had a pinup photo shoot on friday because i love love love the style so much :) i'm trying to learn how to do victory rolls...but it's freaking hard. any experts in here? share your style!

8451817_3349.jpg
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    ^^9/10 would "pinup" \m/

THIS!