What do you guys listen to while working out?

Options

Replies

• Dresden14
    Dresden14 Posts: 11
    Options
    I prefer more of the "angry" category of metal to get me pumped up. Lamb of god, Hatebreed, Arch Enemy, Dimmu Borgir and various other bands. I always find that metal pumps me up a lot more compared to other music.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    When I'm running, it's almost always Rage Against the Machine (self-titled album).
    I listen to Rage when I'm walking. And right after yoga. It's cathartic.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Mastodon
    Gojira
    Lamb of God
    Tool
    Dethklok
    Perfect Circle
    The Sword
    Hatebreed

Well done!

Edited to add: You are just missing Puscifer!
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Anything that makes me want to punch someone in the face. So, metal a lot of the time. Or I just paste a picture of Taylor Swift's face on punching bag and use that. Eh, either or.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    i heart radio , and top 40 music , otherwise, classic metal, ,depends on the mood
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Mastodon
    Gojira
    Lamb of God
    Tool
    Dethklok
    Perfect Circle
    The Sword
    Hatebreed
    Nice!
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't listen to anything when I'm doing weights, but when I run, I listen to audio books. They make me concentrate on something other than my suffering.
  • iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110
    Options
    Mostly Pandora. There is a hard rock strength training station that is top notch!
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Death Cab for Cutie, I find I'm more motivated by lyrics than by the speed of a song :D
  • murdy745
    murdy745 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Electronic cardio!!!
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    the person on the you tube video instructing the exercise video. lol

This. ^^^
  • thephysiquemechanic
    thephysiquemechanic Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Anything from linkin park, atreyu, the used, a day to remember, rise against....to something like Tiesto-in search of sunrise cd5, as well as Dj hardwell, quilinlez, skrillex(some), r3hab, and other Electronic artists.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Pandora "Black Keys" radio
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I used to listen to a variety of hard rock, uptempo pop, etc while running with RunKeeper on my iPhone. Then one day I forgot my headphones, so I went out with no music. I found my pacing to be much more even, as I was able to listen to my breathing and footfalls to get into a decent groove. Ever since, no music. Just my experience, I know many people who can't go running unless they've got tunes. Whatever works for you :)
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Pandora Always! I listen to a bit of everything but usually hard rock, industrial, dubstep, techno, or country stations! lol! :D
  • busycitystreets
    busycitystreets Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    HEAVY METAL all the way!

Arch Enemy, Shadows Fall, Children of Bodom, Hatebreed, Lamb of God, In Flames, Rob Zombie, Static-X.... Etc.
  • vkc1978
    vkc1978 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Slipknot, Korn, Skrillex, Blink 182, Green Day, Yiruma... i usually like the heavy stuff to gear me up, but need the softer stuff for focus and cool down
  • LoseWithLaurie
    LoseWithLaurie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Death Cab for Cutie, I find I'm more motivated by lyrics than by the speed of a song :D

Nice! I couldn't run to it, but that's definitely an excellent choice:)
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I listen to music, a broad range of genres and styles and decades. So far its the only thing that motivates me to get moving unless I'm taking a walk. Then I do my thinking /praying or talk to my husband if he chooses to walk with me.
  • JMfan
    JMfan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I listen to my mp3s if I am getting my power walk on. If I am doing resistance, i don't listen to anything because I am listening to the trainer on the dvd.