So I've come to a realization!

Options
On days that I work out, I eat well.
On days that I don't work out....Well... I tend to go to my local store, pick up a tub of cookie dough, and eat it.
I'm doing the couch to 5k program right now, and I'm just wondering, from someone with experience, what's the best work out to do on the off days? Should I lift weights, ride my bike, what? If you could include how much weight you lost as well, or how you're doing or whatever, that'd be great too. I just kind of want to get a feel for what yields the best results.

Replies

• WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    When I was doing c25k, I did 30 Day Shred on my off days. You can get all three levels free on YouTube. I think it has the perfect mix of strength training and cardio. Lots of squats and lunges, which will help strengthen your legs for running, too! You could do any video, really.

I hope you enjoy c25k! Running has changed my life!!! I still try to do 30DS here and there, but I run most days. I've lost over 40 lbs with MFP, 50 lbs total. It's been an extremely slow process, but all of the changes I've made have been worth it!
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    When I was doing c25k, I did 30 Day Shred on my off days. You can get all three levels free on YouTube. I think it has the perfect mix of strength training and cardio. Lots of squats and lunges, which will help strengthen your legs for running, too! You could do any video, really.

I hope you enjoy c25k! Running has changed my life!!! I still try to do 30DS here and there, but I run most days. I've lost over 40 lbs with MFP, 50 lbs total. It's been an extremely slow process, but all of the changes I've made have been worth it!
    So far, I LOVE c25k! Every day I complete I just feel GREAT! I'm on week two, day two tomorrow. I really hope I can stick with it! Doing it Monday was a *****, haha. I feel like I'm dying while doing it though!
  • becnaffine
    Options
    C25K doesn't get easier but you get fitter and better at it! Stick to it. I just completed it and am now onto C210K and it is such a great feeling. When I am not running I do either an aerobics class, weights, or cardio such as elliptal and treadmill. I think I might try the 30ds soon :)
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    C25K doesn't get easier but you get fitter and better at it! Stick to it. I just completed it and am now onto C210K and it is such a great feeling. When I am not running I do either an aerobics class, weights, or cardio such as elliptal and treadmill. I think I might try the 30ds soon :)
    Wait, it doesn't get easier!? Well.... ****. xD I think I might just go ahead and do the 30ds on my days off!
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options

So far, I LOVE c25k! Every day I complete I just feel GREAT! I'm on week two, day two tomorrow. I really hope I can stick with it! Doing it Monday was a *****, haha. I feel like I'm dying while doing it though!

I felt that way, too! And becnaffine is right, it doesn't get easier, but you get fitter and you learn mind over matter. I remember in the beginning thinking "This sucks, I hate this, when will this be over?!" and then somewhere along the line it changed to, "I'm doing this! Wait, I'm really doing this! Me?! No way!!!!" HAHA If you can hang in there until that moment, you'll complete the program for sure!!!! Are you using the app? If not, I would highly recommend it! It's free :)
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you not take an off day then ..
    if it helps you with self control