Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone doing C25K

Hey everyone, I've been using the phone app for a while, but I'm new to the forum. I just finished week 5 of the C25K program and the dreaded 20 min run. I finished, but only at about a 12 min mile. Just hoping to meet some new people to help motivate me and vise versa.

Replies

• JuliePleasant
    JuliePleasant Posts: 72 Member
    I just added you. I am on week 3 day 2 tomorrow. Hang in there. You will be sucessful.... :-):-):-):-):-)
  • Accepted! Thanks and good luck with day 2.
  • meglash
    meglash Posts: 22
    I'm sending you a friend request now. I've done most of the program before, but got hurt. :/ Bad shoes. I've got week 5 day day 2 Thursday. Today was easier than I expected so I'm looking forward to that! Are you planning on running in any races when you finish the program?
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Week 4 day 2 here! I've started and stopped and then started over several times. This time there is no stopping me!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    day 2 week 6 just hopped back on as haven't run since last fall. Restarted on week 6 on Sunday and all went well so continued with day 2 today. Felt great . I'm only running a 12 min mile too but I figure I'll concntrate on finishing the runs then I will get faster.
    Hey there's only room for improvemnt:laugh:
  • I'm a C25K veteran and plan to do the program again soon. Send me friend requests!
  • saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    I just started week one! But optimistic :)
  • Great to see I'm not alone in my C25K journey! It definitely gets easier as you go. I never thought I'd be able to run 20 min nonstop, but I did it and can't wait to go 30 min and more. If I haven't already, I will send requests to you all.
  • Same here, I could not run in the cold so I switched to the elliptical over the winter. Started back from the beginning though, just skipped ahead if I felt good enough. Your right, we can only get better!
  • I'm sending you a friend request now. I've done most of the program before, but got hurt. :/ Bad shoes. I've got week 5 day day 2 Thursday. Today was easier than I expected so I'm looking forward to that! Are you planning on running in any races when you finish the program?

Well we are right in sync, I have W6 D1 on Friday! Don't worry about D3, after the first 10 min it's good. I definitely want to do a 5K or two this summer, maybe even a mud run or obstacle course.
  • I just started week one! But optimistic :)
    Don't get discouraged, it gets easier trust me!
  • Week 4 day 2 here! I've started and stopped and then started over several times. This time there is no stopping me!
    Yeah, this is my third time starting. I will finish this time! Make it happen!
  • tinapunch
    tinapunch Posts: 65 Member
    I'm just finished W3D2 this morning. Trying to get back into running after slacking for a while. Believe me......progressing slow like this is the best way to go! When I first started running abour 4 years ago, I couldn't run for more than 10 seconds. Each time I went a little longer and before I knew it, I had signed up for my very first 5K. I have now done a handful of them, and my longest run (without stopping......running only, not walking) has bee 8 miles.

You will do great!!! Keep it up and you won't even be able to remember how it was in the beginning!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    I completed week 6 today. It was great!!! I hit my stride around the 7 min mark and didn't even have to slow down to complete the 25 min running.:bigsmile:

Granted it was still a 12 min mile pace ( though that includes my 5 min warm up walk so I probably run/jog a little faster than that) but I ran 25 min straight!!!

Can't wait for week 7
  • I completed week 6 today. It was great!!! I hit my stride around the 7 min mark and didn't even have to slow down to complete the 25 min running.:bigsmile:

Granted it was still a 12 min mile pace ( though that includes my 5 min warm up walk so I probably run/jog a little faster than that) but I ran 25 min straight!!!

Can't wait for week 7
    Nice job! Funny how around the 7-10 minute mark the legs stop hurting and you get into it. I start Week 6 tomorrow!
  • amcassey
    amcassey Posts: 16
    Started Week 4 Day 1 last night. I like knowing that Day 2 and Day 3 will be easier than Day 1. Doing a 5K Color Run next month but it's all about fun and not time. Would like to hear your progress and you finish up the training - sending a friend request.
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    I just did week 2 day 2 today!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    I just started week one! But optimistic :)

I just started week one, too! Sending you a friend request!

I'm new to MFP (2 weeks), log in every day, and am open to all new friends.
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Week 2 day 2 done today :)

It's not my first time doing the program, I hate the first few weeks but it gets better . Feel free to add me
  • kittycatmeowmeow
    kittycatmeowmeow Posts: 90 Member
    Hi!

Oooh good work everyone, you are all inspiring me!

I have done the program before twice - once pre knee operation, about 6 months after my knee op and was given the ok to run again and I am about to start it again after I have seriously let my fitness go for about two years. I am very excited and can't wait to get exercise endorphins buzzing away again.