How Freakin Long to Rid this Fat Belly!

Options
OMG! How long does it take to not look pregnant after having a baby??? It's been 16 months since i had my son! I've been working out since November and I've been focusing on Abs and heavy lifting since April 1st. Will my belly go away??? I hate it so much!!! I also have like 12 year of serious insulin belly poking so there is some scar tissue of course. When when when?????

Replies

• tyal0523
    tyal0523 Posts: 70
    Options
    Have you thought about trying INSANITY?
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Yes, but when i look at the price Im kinda screwed!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    just keep going with your program you have to work on your belly like i work on my quads.
    it takes forever, but just try to met your macros, get enough rest, and focus on making the best progress you can in your training.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Do a search for Insanity on Youtube. I've seen several videos on there that are like 40 minutes long so probably a whole session.
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    It's a long road but you will get there.I have three kids,the last two were c sections.My youngest is 7 months old.I can sympathize.You can do this!!I got my flat tummy after my second,so now I'm working really hard to get that again.
    It's always the last place to go,but keep eating well and working out.

Good luck!!Take care and don't give up :)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Exercise will not cause weight loss in and of itself. Weight loss is 80% (or more, my guess) the amount of food you put in your mouth. Are you eating at a reasonable deficit from your TDEE? (Or eating what MFP tells you to eat, plus eating back exercise calories?)

It takes time, too, and we should be happy about that because the time gives us a chance to alter our mindset (which is hard) as well as our body, so we can have lifetime success in maintaining our weight.

For me, the belly was the last to go (still working on it, in fact). I eat at a reasonable deficit from TDEE an heavy lift (but used to do bunches of running). The lifting has taken inches off my middle like crazy and now I only run for fun (a race or something) and as a warmup for my weight training. Building muscle improves metabolism...
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    My TDEE is somewhere between 2050-2200 and I eat 1700cals per day. Heavy lifting 3 days a week (ab exercises included) and badminton once a week and 2-3 walks per week with the baby.