Traveling to Salt Lake City, what are your must sees!

Options
learning2fly4
learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
Looking for Restaurants, beer, fun, really anything, but if your from the area or visited recently, please let me know.

I was there in Dec for a few days and got to see Temple Square all lit up as well as the new City creek area, other sugggestions welcome!

Replies

• j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Red Rock Brewery
    Squatters
    Bohemian Brewery
    Natural History Museum
    Drive to Antelope Island
    Park City Downtown
    Alpine coaster in Park City
    The zoo
    The aquarium
    Real Salt Lake soccer
    SL Bees baseball
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have gone on several road trips and I learned that Urban Spoon is awesome app on my phone for finding good restaurants. Also helps find hole in the wall places.

I know that was not what you asked for specifically but an idea.
  • wellnesscoachmegg
    wellnesscoachmegg Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a local Salt Laker :) Downtown can be a lot of fun if you know where to go--City Creek is cool, its new and shiny, Utahns love that--ha ha. There's a fantastic Napoletana style pizza place called Settebello downtown. Temple Square is also another must-see, and the vistors center is something tourists are usually interested in--if its a pretty day, the grounds of the temple are really pretty, and serene. Ensign Peak is a quick hike if you're looking to get some exercise in, and its near the Capitol building, also down town. It's maybe a 25 minute walk/hike and when you get to the top there's a great view of the valley. The Leonardo is a very cool museum downtown, I'm not sure of their current installment, it might be the mummies exhibit, but its fabulous. Plan to spend 3+ hours there if you decide to go to the Leo! Theres another great spot to eat in Trolley Square, its the Desert Edge Pub. And of course--gotta plug my business...if you need a wash and style for a night out, you better visit my salon! The Pink Flamingo, you can't miss us :)

Enjoy!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Family history library.
  • j_bark
    Options
    I forgot, if you want beer? Beerhive.

Also The Bayou for beer/food.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for beer and fun, I suggest you look for the first sign that leads out of the state of Utah.
  • j_bark
    Options
    Hey now, Salt Lake and the local breweries are great. It is what little solace I have coming from Austin.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Anything that's a 5-hour drive or more south of SLC. The best parts of Utah are south of I-70.
  • sugardaddy0331
    Options
    If you want to see something outside the downtown area and get some exercise I strongly recommend the Timpanogos Cave hike/tour.

http://www.nps.gov/tica/index.htm

It's just a short ride out of SLC and well worth it.
  • crawford4398
    crawford4398 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have gone on several road trips and I learned that Urban Spoon is awesome app on my phone for finding good restaurants. Also helps find hole in the wall places.

I know that was not what you asked for specifically but an idea.

Great Advice Thanks!
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Were going a week in may and two weeks (staying a weekend) in Nov, so we will have plenty of time to check it out!
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I don't know if any one already said this but the green pig pub, its alot of fun, one night a week they have and adult trivia game there is prizes, lots of fun if you can get a small group together. Can't remeber the night its on though.
  • knittingwitch
    Options
    the red iguana is a really good place it was on a food channel not that long ago and it had won tons of awords, its a really great hole in the wall.
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous! I had a connecting flight there on my way to Boise, and I wanted to leave the airport because it looked like the most gorgeous place I've ever seen. I had honestly never thought much of Utah or Idaho (sorry locals), but I need to head out there more!
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous! I had a connecting flight there on my way to Boise, and I wanted to leave the airport because it looked like the most gorgeous place I've ever seen. I had honestly never thought much of Utah or Idaho before (sorry locals), but I need to head out there more!
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for beer and fun, I suggest you look for the first sign that leads out of the state of Utah.

LMFAO....so true!
  • knittingwitch
    Options
    hey here is the youtube clip of the show red iguana was on the show is called Dinners, drive ins, and dives

http://youtu.be/oV9Fd9Q9Ok0
  • j_bark
    Options
    I don't mind Red Iguana. Its good. But being from Texas I like my Mexican more on the TexMex side.