I want some tree-hugging friends!

Options
Looking for fellow mother-nature worshipers to encourage each other on our weight-loss journey :) Now that summer is coming around, I plan to get more of my exercise through hiking, trail-jogging, rock-climbing etc... I would love some friends that are into the same kind of thing and would like to share outdoorsey stories/trips/adventures! Feel free to friend me!

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Dirt worshiping hippie chick reporting.
  • missymere
    missymere Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I live in a tree house and I don't shave my armpits. I hike with my husky every single day in the forests of Sonoma County, CA. Let's be friends! I love adventure stories!
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I just friend-requested both of you!
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am a definite tree hugger. I get most of my workouts in the summer in an organic, no-till garden that I happily fertilize with all my kitchen compost :) love a fellow hippy.
  • mebsuta
    mebsuta Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I loooove trees! I prefer hiking over working out in a gym. One of the reasons I am getting back into shape is so that I can start backpacking/hiking/trail-running again. I would like to try rock climbing eventually.

I literally just started my health plan today after 3 years of doing nothing. So it would be great to connect with other nature lovers as well so we can share stories and encouragement.

All nature junkies feel free to friend me as well. :)
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    "Add me!" says the gal who has organic seedlings waiting to be transplanted to the raised bed with lots of compost! :)
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    another tree-hugger here! feel free to add me.
    I don't even have a cell phone so no quick photos and I haven;t been bothered to add any.
  • MissFitRocker
    Options
    Another outdoor excercise mother earth lover! feel free to add me too!
  • Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yep another dirt worshiping tree hugger hippy homesteader here! Just waiting for spring to arrive to get out hiking again!
  • bookstitch
    bookstitch Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be outside hiking than inside at the gym any day! I'm in.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Our local "trees."
    Hugging not advised.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4ByXFI6U4AcsVioJmDL5KNN-0OU23CqnKWaPbwN4UWvo7EJZI
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Don't know about tree hugging, but I'm a tree planting fool! I've already planted 12 trees this year on my property and will be putting in about 25 more once they arrive. Oh, and I also do love to exercise in the great outdoors. I can't stand gyms running around on those little hamster wheels most folks call exercise equipment. Ick! Give me a trail instead anyday.
  • Caguppie
    Caguppie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I made a post like this once & made some nice hippie friends on MFP. Looks like a good time to add some more :)
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I do my part to ensure clean waters and health fish populations in every way I can.

Often that means catch and release in the grease
  • hdean1989
    hdean1989 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hmm I do not claim tree hugger but I am an environmental scientist and I love the outdoors
  • Bounce2
    Bounce2 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    LOL don't know that I'm a tree hugger, certainly planted many though. I love to hike, trail run, kayak, rock climb and will try just about any outdoors sport. Unfortunately my outdoors fun is relegated to the weekends at the moment as I am in the middle of a research year at uni. Happy to make friends with like minded outdoors active people, feel free to add me.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    *waves* Jumps up and down!
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    axmk4y.jpg

I don't know if I can call myself tree hugger but I literally hug trees. :laugh:
    I love planting (trees, flowers & veggies) although its been a year since the last time I planted a tree.

:flowerforyou:
  • MutterGans
    MutterGans Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sad, but true....I really do hug trees! My beautiful apple gum is riddled with borer and termites and I'm trying to hug her better. Apart from that, I run two environmental websites for kids, well...my daughters do, but I do all the work! Add me to your growing list of tree huggers.