What do you guys listen to while working out?

Options

Replies

• Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    The sound of my breath.
    The clank of the metal plates rattling against each other, and then coming down hard.
    A quiet moan sneaking out of me as I go for the last rep.
    My heartbeat.

It's a Zen thang.
  • ainsleybtown
    Options
    I've downloaded a bunch of podcasts from djs...club/dance hip hop. They range from 30 min to an hour of continuous mixed music. pretty sweet. good beats
  • rubia103
    rubia103 Posts: 4
    Options
    Music using Pandora. I put in on shuffle so i never know what i'm going to get. If I'm on the treadmill, i walk to every slow song and run on the fast ones lol.
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Missy elliot - get your freak on
    eminem - till i collapse
    snoop dog - drop it like its hot
    kanye west - jesus walks

my favorite songs to run to!
  • sailawaykate
    Options
    Tried listening to music while running and it just messes with my flow. Plus it's dangerous out there and my dog is too friendly to be a deterrent so I like to hear what's going on. Can't listen at home when I lift because I don't want to wake mi esposo!
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    mostly Britney Spears, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, NSYNC, Spice Girls, Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato, Kelly Clarkson, We The Kings, Nicki Minaj, and Lady Gaga
  • sgrubby
    sgrubby Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    For cardio sessions of 35 minutes or longer, I turn to British progressive rock from the 1970s. The songs on "Tales from Topographic Oceans" by Yes, are each over 20 minutes long. My pace rises and falls with the music as it meanders from quiet to loud, from slow to fast and back again. Other favorites are "Animals" by Pink Floyd (the entire album) and "Supper's Ready" from the "Foxtrot" album by Genesis. (from 1972 when Peter Gabriel was the vocalist).
  • jgthomas78
    Options
    I also like the hard rock strength training on Pandora while I'm lifting. When I'm running or doing any cardio I listen to Pit Bull station on Pandora. Cool down I like Jack Johnson on Pandora.
  • running_chic82
    Options
    I just throw on my iPod. I also have "Beatles Wednesday" and "Britney Spears Friday". Anything to get me absorbed in my workout! ;)
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba a LOT, so whatever happens to be playing at the time is what I get. Its not bad by any means, I mean I have a very well rounded (no not that) taste in music and like the Latin kind of hip hop music too. I just wish I knew all of what they were saying! LOL
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I listen to spotify so it's always switching up on me, but lately it's been upbeat folk pop
  • chelseabrody
    chelseabrody Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Atreyu, Pierce the Veil, Escape the Fate, etc. Anything fast and aggressive with screaming works best for me!
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Since I'm at home, I watch an episode of something or other. Usually Doctor Who. It keeps me from watching the clock.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I like some good hard rock and maybe a little bit of hip-hop. My favorite two songs when hitting a challenging set are Radioactive by Imagine Dragons and Would? by Alice in Chains. Those songs just get my head right when heading into the set.
  • jfaironair
    jfaironair Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Gospel that I can dance to!! I know people in the Gym look at me like I'm crazy but it helps me make it through my workouts, so I don't care.
  • AlyssainNC
    AlyssainNC Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Audiobooks during cardio (though today I discovered humorous books that make me laugh out loud make running on the elliptical very tricky!). Nothing during strength.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing hill sprints or interval running, then nothing nowadays or sometimes a podcast.

When I'm strength training I listen to Radio 5 Live (that's the BBC's Talk and Sport radio if you're outside the UK)

I used to love listening to music whilst I worked out, but fell out of love with it a few years ago and never picked it up again.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    My inner dialogue.
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Music. Always music. And it's usually fast-paced Industrial Metal or Electronic.