5'2" small frames hows it goin?

Options
2»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    5'2.75"

It took twenty pounds for ONE person to notice I'd lost weight. And I'm fairly sure she'd heard I was walking with another mutual friend, and also heard about some bad news I had so that may have been pity-noticing. I'm not sure if it shows faster or slower when you're short, but it doesn't matter. I have a total of 80 lbs to lose and even if nobody noticed, I'm doing it for myself and I will sure notice when I have to get new pants.

The MFP used to be funner, but it's still alright, and it's a useful tool. Do your best to get really good friends on your FL and make sure you get people you have things in common with or just that "get" you. It will make the process way more fun and motivating. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

ETA:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQFmnxrRKN46J9CxaMrkeRrgjMGhaxKVnjqpBqKmpy8D960lvjYA
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am too lazy to add pics to this, so here's the link to my most recent success story post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/918358-they-cut-my-head-open-your-excuse-is-invalid

My goal weight is 130, but I am pretty happy with where I am hovering right now between 135 and 138. I have a fair amount of muscle and want to keep it that way!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I have a very small frame. I am 35 and a mother of two. I am a dancer and I lift weights. I weigh between 100 and 102. I only lost about 5 pounds, but went down 3 sizes in clothing. Lifting weights helped me the most, at this point in my life. I have always been fit, but I need to work at it, especially after children and as I am getting older (and I've dealt with injuries). I always like sharing clothing resources with other extra petite ladies.
  • jfaironair
    jfaironair Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 155 pounds. For the majority of my adult life I fluctuated between 124 and 129, my goal weight. Now I can't get back to that place. I joined MFP a month ago but I started trying a healthy lifestyle a month before that and I'm not seeing results like I believe I should. Only dropped about 3 pounds.
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 (close, right), and currently right at 115. I started with lots and lots of cardio, and now I'm doing the 30 Day Shred. I started at 125 in January.
  • KariKaz
    KariKaz Posts: 8
    Options
    5' 2" here, small frame, though I don't feel like it! ;)
    Hoping to get back down to 110lbs and tone my body
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I have a very small frame. I am 35 and a mother of two. I am a dancer and I lift weights. I weigh between 100 and 102. I only lost about 5 pounds, but went down 3 sizes in clothing. Lifting weights helped me the most, at this point in my life. I have always been fit, but I need to work at it, especially after children and as I am getting older (and I've dealt with injuries). I always like sharing clothing resources with other extra petite ladies.

I've seen some of your other posts and they are always so inspiring. Could you tell me what you have done/do specifically as far as lifting weights goes. I'm still so unsure of myself when it comes to strength training. I don't have much left to lose but I know I'll be happier with my shape if I incorporate some lifting.

Of course, I would appreciate anyone's suggestions. THANKS!
  • betherfany
    Options
    Shoot I must be a giant. I'm 5'3 and have lost about 20lbs. I'm a gigantic 188lbs. But here is my transformation.

<
  • Miki_81
    Miki_81 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'3"
    I just started today! I really want my "before marriage" body back!! I'm hoping to get back down to 60 kgs (132 pds) and tone my body!
  • nikky731
    nikky731 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I guess I'm small framed-my wrist is less than 6inches.
    I'm 126 right now and am hoping to get back down to 110-115. I feel best when I'm below 120.
    I'm running and currently doing the 30ds (day12).
    Feel free to add me!

Nicole
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

I've seen some of your other posts and they are always so inspiring. Could you tell me what you have done/do specifically as far as lifting weights goes. I'm still so unsure of myself when it comes to strength training. I don't have much left to lose but I know I'll be happier with my shape if I incorporate some lifting.

Thanks! Sure. I can send you a message later (when I have more time). :flowerforyou:
  • TTLByJackie
    TTLByJackie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    5'3 and 3/4" :D (drivers license says 5'4 lol). Working on getting healthy, whatever weight that may bring me to. I have a number, but it's not as important as overall health.
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    o6M6yRXlb5R8KBU9US8yTiJ0Z9cfw6fiuMvvYAJIDZ5xh5HzSibpKzdmU1tgA1T83gABWo9zt9BHI0ARj8Bg
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    himymgrouphug.gif
  • JustAGirl0916
    JustAGirl0916 Posts: 1,020
    Options
    Hi...doing very well thanks!! :)
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Also 5"2". Have lost about 20 lb. Have 20 more to go to meet my goal weight of 130. My super goal is 125. I am a medium frame.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Hi, so I get a lot of info from a lot of different sources on the internet. I pay attention on mfp and on other blogs and follow various blogs about weight lifting. But, mainly what has been helpful to me is the book, "The New Rules Of Lifting For Life". Helped me understand form and the basics, and various options and how to progress and how to fit weight lifting into my life along with my dancing and my past injuries and structural/orthopedic issues. I take my time, to really focus and learn form and be able to progress and increase my weights.