Heart Rate Monitor and Sex

Options

Replies

• shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    I just googled how many calories in sperm, it's only 5.
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    That's it. I am getting a monitor and doing a strictly scientific study. Will report back with results.

I have to ask.... Will you be reporting back the calorie burn of different positions?
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have thought about bringing something like this up. If I get on top and really work up a sweat then I add a few calories, but not every time we do it. I was thinking the other day about how much more fun it is for us together now that we are both fitter, we have more confidence and more energy, it is amazing! Yet another benefit to this lifestyle!
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    This is too funny! Did you also know that there is an entry for sperm in the food database?? 75 calories! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

ETA: Ha! I guess I did go there!

Oh my goodness that is sooooooooo funny. I am cracking up at every response this "innocent" question :laugh:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    hahahaha...totally love this thread :bigsmile: and yes, I totally thought she was going somewhere else with the whole "you have to account for everything that goes in your mouth...." statement
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    The thing is you can't go off others peoples numbers because everyone performs differently. If you're a lazy lay, then you probably aren't burning too much. If your man is a two minute man then obviously you aren't burning much. lol. If your heart rate is high and you're exerting a lot of energy, you can count on a good burn.
  • lrmoore13
    lrmoore13 Posts: 16
    Options
    That's it. I am getting a monitor and doing a strictly scientific study. Will report back with results.

I have to ask.... Will you be reporting back the calorie burn of different positions?

Don't know yet. Considering the logistics.
  • JeremyInvincible
    JeremyInvincible Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I would think that some guys burn more than others.... blush.jpg

Teehee...
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    This entire thread is full of :blushing: !

For some reason, it never occurs to me to break out the HRM until afterward.
  • robstot
    robstot Posts: 36 Member
    Options

I think there is a website that details that to....
  • JeremyInvincible
    JeremyInvincible Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    This entire thread is full of :blushing: !

For some reason, it never occurs to me to break out the HRM until afterward.

Afterwards for me, all I can think about is getting a sandwich. *shrug*
  • lrmoore13
    lrmoore13 Posts: 16
    Options
    So here is what I am thinking...

To make this as legit as possible, there should be a warm up period of a few minutes (fore-play if you will). All positions should be tested for the same amount of time at constant effort. So I am thinking about 5 minutes per position. 4-5 positions per attempt and then combine all data. Might take a week or so.

Anyone else that wants to participate in this experiment report back in two weeks.

I just sent my girlfriend a text that says "we have homework".

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive, but fairly accurate monitor?
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    omg i thought i was the only one that typed sex in the add cardio exercise hahahahahah this thread is tooooo funny!
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just googled how many calories in sperm, it's only 5.

LOL where the hell did someone get 75 then??!!! too funny.
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    This is too funny! Did you also know that there is an entry for sperm in the food database?? 75 calories! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

ETA: Ha! I guess I did go there!

How would you measure a serving?:embarassed:
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    The thing is you can't go off others peoples numbers because everyone performs differently. If you're a lazy lay, then you probably aren't burning too much. If your man is a two minute man then obviously you aren't burning much. lol. If your heart rate is high and you're exerting a lot of energy, you can count on a good burn.

LMAO....lazy lay :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • robstot
    robstot Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Whoever takes part in this scientific study please enter the results into the database.. At lease will have a base to work from.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Best thread ever! :laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    <---- Lazy lay.
  • DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    HRMs will not give you "actual data". Under those conditions, they are no more accurate than making up a number out of thin air.

I don't understand how you could say it wouldn't give actual data, in cardio calories are burned based on heart rate, it really wouldn't depend on what cardio you are doing. thats like saying it wouldn't give you an accurate account for running....

The idea that calorie burn is dependent upon heart rate is just marketing speak that appears to have sprung up in the US. Calories burned is dependent upon the total energy cost of the activity (the amount of work performed), nothing else.