So frustrated....hamburgers EVERYWHERE!

Options
Ok so today, I decided to splurge a little bit and go beyond having my usual ham and turkey sandwhich plain with carrot sticks...I brought a lean pocket (the pizza one) into work today for lunch with carrot sticks (lol). Then every single one, and I mean literly every single one of them, went to the cafateria and got a hamburger and french fries! The smell is still lingering. We have staggered lunch times so I went in the middle of this and ate my lean pocket...the first two went before me and then the last two...so the smell of hamburger is still in the air. I have wanted to go to Red Robin for quite awhile now, but my BF is trying to keep me on track, but I can talk him into anything. I REALLY WANT A HAmBURGER AND FRENCH FRIES!!! What can I do, to not eat a hamburger and french fries? I am full and I still want one...I feel like I am going crazy, but it smells SO good! Give me some ideas on how to keep this craving away and not go out to eat tonight, please!

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Try to find something that is similar to your craving... this was easy for me because I already like veggie burgers. So when I cut out fast food, that's what I went for. I have a veggie burger with all the fixins on a thinwich (like a skinny hamburger bun). Also, I have seen a lot of people on here eating sweet potato fries? Try to find a healthier alternative- that's all the advice I can give! I sure hope it helps, and good luck!
  • mooz
    mooz Posts: 101
    Options
    Can you make a lean burger and oven fries for dinner? That's what I do when the craving hits. I actually make the burgers up in bulk and individually freeze them. Whenever I get a hankering for one, I have them ready to grill.

Today in the lunchroom people were eating burritos. I love them and wanted one so bad. The smell was unbearable.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    In the time it took me to hit enter my suggestion was already posted several times. :laugh:
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    I buy President Choice Burgers which are the Blue menu group so one patty is only 210 calories so even with the bun its not that bad! I eat oven baked fries with it all the time too! There is sooo many different kinds of burgers you can buy and some less than the 210 calories! hope you get your burger and fries!
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a real hamburger for over a year probably. I love salmon or chicken patties with veggies and low cal yogurt ranch on artisan rolls. If you want something closer try making potato wedges with just some paprika, salt, and olive oil. bake them then go with a turkey burger.
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The other night I made a turkey burger (130) with 2 slices of turkey bacon (70) on a low fat wrap (90) with spicy mustard (10). It completely cured my craving for only 300 calories but less in the fat area. And sweet potato fries, just sliced potatoes with some pam spray on a baking sheet with sea salt works for me also. Hope you figure something out--I love hamburgers myself so the turkey burger works for me. Especially if you add a lot of low fat toppings. Good luck!
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    I agree with a vegg burger.

Try a boca burger .

If you like cheese you can have a Boca Flame buger. 100 cal for the reg or 120 cal for the flame
    Cook it in a pan with 0 cal spray.

Eat it on a wheat roll, or wheat thin. 100 cal or less
    add tomato
    add lettuce
    Add a dill pickle to the side .

Then take a red potato 100 cal
    wedge cut it
    Toss it in a little EVOO 25 cal
    sprinkle it with thyme and paprika
    Bake it for 30 minutes on 375 degrees

There is Lunch Healthy
    and instead of 700 cal for it (buying a take out meal )

your cals would be 350 or less depending on the bun you use :wink:
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    Options
    Go to Red Robin and split the burger with your boyfriend!!!! :) And love every minute of it! You can hit the gym if you need some extra calories :)
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Bison, turkey, or a portabella cap and very tasty and yes oven baked fries are all good...Most of the time I have a hamburger with mustard and whatever veggies on it....It really isn't that bad.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    We had delicious turkey burgers on whole wheat buns for dinner last night. You could try something like that. Or if you really MUST have Red Robbin, go and split half with your bf and try to get steamed veggies instead of fries on the side :)
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I gave in and had a cheeseburger and I am telling you DON'T GO TO RED ROBIN!!! AH! I felt terrible afterwards. I would definitely reccomend making a turkey burger. Use that as a splurge! A turkey burger on a whole wheat bun with lots of veggies!
  • Nethurynn
    Nethurynn Posts: 7
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions for an overbearing sweet tooth for milkshakes, Booster Juice and Moo-lates (DQ)?
  • JUSTFORME2010
    JUSTFORME2010 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think the reason this site works for me and so many others is that we dont deny ourselves the things we love to eat. Have the hamburger and fries add the calories in and enjoy.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    For hamburgers espeically out, dont eat the bun, ask for a lettuce wrap for it, the buns alone are around 250 cals. I went out for burgers last night and had Ostrich burger for 196 cals for an 8oz... and Mooya burgers for example has burgers wrapped in lettuce and a double burger with cheese is like 436 cals.
    As for fries, bake em, dont use pre done, cut up some taters, season them and bake them, they are excellent
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Anything you make at home will be better than what you get at a restaurant. Make the burgers yourself and then maybe roast some red potatos in the oven with olive oil, garlic and rosemary. They are the best!
  • jrich1
    Options
    I think the reason this site works for me and so many others is that we dont deny ourselves the things we love to eat. Have the hamburger and fries add the calories in and enjoy.

my Motto is find something you like and find a better and heathier way of making it
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Make a hamburger & fries at home. I do it all the time. Use 96% lean ground beef and spritz your fries with olive oil and bake in the oven (I LOVE sweet potato fries). Very simple, very yummy, and not bad very bad for you at all. :smile:

Edit: I. HATE. GROUND. TURKEY. And I hate when people suggest it as a "healthy" alternative to ground beef. If you're craving ground beef, for the love of god, eat some ground beef. 4oz of 96% lean is 140 calories. You have to get 99% lean ground turkey for it to be lower in calories (4oz for 120 cals) than ground beef because the 93% lean ground turkey has 160 cals per 4oz. 80% lean ground turkey is even worse. Just pay attention.
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options

I agree! I find it's much easier to "diet" when you don't feel like you're depriving yourself. I certainly don't eat as much as I used to, but if I feel like going for a burger, i go get one. I eat less, or skip the cheese, or whatever, and I do it on a day where I have the calorie space to do it. Denying yourself will only cause to you cheat one day and maybe fall off the wagon. Enjoy but keep in mind that you need to work a little extra on that day or eat fewer of the french fries - and not eat a hamburger every day when you crave one! ;)
  • jrich1
    Options
    Make a hamburger & fries at home. I do it all the time. Use 96% lean ground beef and spritz your fries with olive oil and bake in the oven (I LOVE sweet potato fries). Very simple, very yummy, and not bad very bad for you at all. :smile:

93/7 makes a decent burger a lot of times 96 is so dry, and its a lot more expensive too.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options

my Motto is find something you like and find a better and heathier way of making it

Love it! :)