Supportive UK friends

Options
ProMooch
ProMooch Posts: 39 Member
Hi i'm a 27 year old male from the UK, looking for supportive people with similar attitudes to myself, I've come across several people that are eating protein bars, shakes, tea/coffee for meals etc but I want poeple that are eating 'real food.'
I have nothing against those other diets, this is just how I want to do it, I see it more as a lifestyle change and so would be looking for like minded poeple.
I use MFP daily to log my meals and any exercise that I may do, though as i'm only 10 days in, it's all about the food side of things for now with a spattering of exercise, mainly walking.

Replies

• jellybeanmusic
    jellybeanmusic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in Scotland and following a healthy eating and fitness plan. Lost 17lbs in almost 5 months on MFP and half a stone to go. Feel free to add me.
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. From the North East, I log everything, everyday and like to chat. I have an open diary and real food is great! (Though I do have the occasional protein shake for breakfast if I'm running late for work). I love the avatar btw!
  • bloodedflowers
    Options
    Hey I've been on and off MFP since last year though I recently started taking it more seriously.
    I am also interested in changing my lifestyle for the healthier and started doing it properly about a week ago and it's a change I am wanting to stick to! I am from the North East of England! Feel free to add me! ^_^
  • ProMooch
    Options
    Feel free to add me. From the North East, I log everything, everyday and like to chat. I have an open diary and real food is great! (Though I do have the occasional protein shake for breakfast if I'm running late for work). I love the avatar btw!

Haha, thank you, he's a little cutie isn't he. I think i'll forgive the odd shake, it's ok :) x
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Also in Scotland, I'm online most weekdays and try and log as much as I can. :)
  • abadmum
    abadmum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi... I'm from down south add me if you like.. I eat real tastey food.. why have a protein bar when you can have swordfish and mango salsa with a leafy salad??!!
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm at a similar stage in my diet to you. I also stick to low impact exercise and my goal is to eat all my favourite things and still lose weight. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've managed to lose around 45lb in 3 months eating nothing but 'real food'! I'll send you a request!
  • __Aid__
    __Aid__ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm from England, I have an open Diary and not a protien shake in sight :happy:
  • Disneynut
    Disneynut Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to MFP. I have been on here for the last 5 weeks, like you it is the lifestyle change, I do not bother with "diet food" or shakes, if I cannot make this with real food, how am I going to keep it up?, my diary is always open to friends and I am on everyday for logging and encouragement purposes.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey and please feel free to add me if you wish.
  • Shirlls123
    Shirlls123 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! I am not a fan of diets which involve protein shakes, etc. I prefer losing weight by cutting down on junk food, and exercising more. It is more sustainable, realistic, and (probably) healthier. I've lost half a stone in 3 weeks using MFP through eating healthier and exercising more.

I've sent you a friend request, if you want we can support each other.

x
  • uknlv18
    uknlv18 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, I'm in West Yorkshire area, and although I do eat the odd breakfast bar. I am doing a diet of eating healthy and light exercise. Please feel free to add me.
  • babydoll789
    Options
    I'm from the UK, feel free to add me! :)
  • sohmui
    sohmui Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am from the UK but live in Hong Kong. My diary is open too and not a protein shake in sight. Feel free to have a look.
  • KellySpinks
    KellySpinks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kelly. I am 35 (for another two weeks then I hit 36!) I have now lost 27lb using My Fitness Pal and finding a new love of Body Combat.

I have another 2 stone to lose really, but hit a bit of a slow patch and wondered if anyone has any tips. I am sticking around 1200 cal a day and that is tough enough, I dont want to drop any lower really.

Cheers

Kells
  • Funnyfishat40
    Funnyfishat40 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm from East Anglia I've sent you a request, I'm loosing walking and swimming with the odd gym workout
    and eating real food and the odd shake when too lazy to fuel my body any other healthy way (plus I like the chocolate taste!)
    xx
  • writetomab
    writetomab Posts: 226
    Options
    Welcome and good luck in your fat loss and lifestyle goals...

I do take supplements to ensure I get the right nutrients at the right time for my body but just to be clear, suppliments are there to 'suppliment' a healthy diet... Not to replace a healthy diet. I do not promote any use of supplements but everybody is different and depending on your individual situation and your goals supplements can play a very important role for lots of different reasons. The key thing is to assess what your body needs and look at what you eat and how you get it, if there are gaps then supplements are there to help fill those gaps... Nothing else and nothing more! I do not promote the use of supplements as a meal replacement or in place of real food etc. Let's face it... Real food tastes much better! :wink:
  • ProMooch
    Options
    Welcome and good luck in your fat loss and lifestyle goals...

I do take supplements to ensure I get the right nutrients at the right time for my body but just to be clear, suppliments are there to 'suppliment' a healthy diet... Not to replace a healthy diet. I do not promote any use of supplements but everybody is different and depending on your individual situation and your goals supplements can play a very important role for lots of different reasons. The key thing is to assess what your body needs and look at what you eat and how you get it, if there are gaps then supplements are there to help fill those gaps... Nothing else and nothing more! I do not promote the use of supplements as a meal replacement or in place of real food etc. Let's face it... Real food tastes much better! :wink:

Hi and thank you for the post, I agree that supplements can be used to help with those gaps in your overall diet but unfortunately I have come across several that are seemingly doing things all wrong. I know I'm far from an expert and I'm only just learning the basics by way of simple portion control but it does concern me when I see some of 'their' diets.
  • SvelteGirl
    SvelteGirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, do add me if you wish, I'm in Sussex and have around 12 lbs to lose. We always try to eat healthy, home-cooked food at home, made from fresh ingredients, not factory food, and certainly no ready meals. No supplements, protein shakes or cereal bars, either as I am confident that we get everything from our diet.The main downside of the healthy fresh food approach is having to go the shops so often, but so be it. It would be good to have more UK friends for mutual encouragement.
  • sohmui
    sohmui Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi, do add me if you wish, I'm in Sussex and have around 12 lbs to lose. We always try to eat healthy, home-cooked food at home, made from fresh ingredients, not factory food, and certainly no ready meals. No supplements, protein shakes or cereal bars, either as I am confident that we get everything from our diet.The main downside of the healthy fresh food approach is having to go the shops so often, but so be it. It would be good to have more UK friends for mutual encouragement.
    The image we get overseas of the UK is of a nation of people with increasing obesity problems who sit watching TV gourmet chefs cook healthy food while they eat their ready meals. It's nice to hear it's not all like that. As an expatriate Brit, I envy the wonderful selection of fresh food available to you.

Here ready meals are almost unheard of, though there's plenty of junk food around like pizzas and Mcdonald's. I've lost 30 lbs in six months purely by switching to fresh food and swimming six times a week.