Itchy Inner Thighs

Options
2»

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    The reason that I refer to them as little inner lumps of fat on the inner side of my thigh, is that now my thighs are funny shaped, I have a small thigh gap right up at the top of my legs, under my groin, so the fat sort of touches in an odd shape a few inches down.

dunno about the itching, but how you describe your thighs is totally normal, in fact I think some people refer to this mini thigh gap as the "chive" and men find it really attractive.

IMO any weird itching should be discussed with your doctor. I have no idea what it is, but excessive itching is usually a sign of a problem. Could be anything from an allergy to I don't even know what. Allergies probably are the most common cause of itching, wear cotton in that area in the meantime and avoid washing the area in any harsh products, use something suitable for sensitive skin, and see what your doctor says.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    You have described my EXACT thigh shape. I also occasionally get itchy on that soft part. Please excuse this if it is TMI, but often the regrowth after waxing is at its worst there. Also I find that it is worse after removing tight clothing, like stretch jeans or leggings. Its as if the fat is trying to return to its proper shape after being cooped up all day! Do you have a seam running down inside your leg? Could be part of the problem.
  • MN4US
    MN4US Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You know what Becca, you're right.. Have been wearing leggings more than usual and become a little lax with hair removal and so no doubt there would be some regrowth! :flowerforyou:

That makes a lot more sense than STDs, lice and ebola haha

Glad I am not the only one with legs shaped like that, and yes my bf does find it very attractive.. I am just not used to it!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Shingles?
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Change your laundry detergent to a non allergic brand and dont use as much.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Weight loss and itching is a subject that comes up from time to time. I occasionally get it on my stomach which just happens to be the last place I am still losing.

Try drinking more water. It helps some people.
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Get an antifungal cream. I had a similiar experience, and the doc said it was tight exercise clothing and sweat. Related to athlete's foot, jock itch....yeppers...give it a try. Good luck!
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Mine aren't itchy, but they're shaped the same odd way and it drives me nuts! Every once in a while they'll get a rash it's really hot outside and I do a lot of walking. I usually put A&D ointment on them at night before I go to bed when that happens and they're better by the time I wake up :)
  • eargirl
    eargirl Posts: 15
    Options
    If it's coming from chafing, I'd recommend Monostat Soothing Relief powder gel. Its a gel that goes powdery soft when you apply it and it really helps with any itchiness or discomfort due to friction from clothing or other body parts.
  • stormstormsg
    Options
    You must first have scratched it to trigger the itch/ irritation. Most of the times the itch are caused by fungi infections and can be treated within a week or 2, so no need to worry. Try to clean the area with antiseptic spray, if not listerine mouthwash will do. Pour 1/4 into the cap and slowly pour it into a cotton ball and cleanse the infected area. Afterwards, there might be a slight burning sensation. I know it is embarrassing to see a doctor with conditions like this. Go to your local pharmacy and ask for Lamisil 15g, this treats normal fungi infection. For the first few days you will itchy like crazy but as you continue to apply medication and cleanse it, the itch will slowly go away. Be sure to wear fitting underwear, not too tight nor too loose to avoid irritation. Try avoid using vinegar,cologne and other home remedies to try solve this problem. If the problem is persistent, please go to a doctor to seek help. (Common symptoms are leathery inner thighs, red spots and leathery scortum sacks)
    Please help to share if it works for you.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    The little lumps of fat on the inner side of each thigh, just under my groin area, are so unbelievably itchy! I am scared I am going to get to the point of making them bleed!!! (As I had previously managed to do on the skin behind my knees when they got all itchy). The itch is not really the skin, feels like it's underneath. I do use bio oil regularly, that said, I could do with more water, but the skin doesn't look dry.

The reason that I refer to them as little inner lumps of fat on the inner side of my thigh, is that now my thighs are funny shaped, I have a small thigh gap right up at the top of my legs, under my groin, so the fat sort of touches in an odd shape a few inches down.

Why is this happening!? They are not rubbing as far as I am aware. Is it because I am about to lose fat in that area? Get stretch marks? To get a more prominent thigh gap?! Argh, I want to lose upper body weight damnit.

I look so crazy rubbing (not scratching) my jeans/thighs in the worst place possible, at work. Slow rubbing on thighs, relief on face = not good. :tongue:

5"6, 148lbs, Apple shaped.

Any experience of outcomes appreciated.

If it is, indeed, an itch from skin sensitivity, you will find some relief by adding about 1Tbs of ground flaxseed per day to your diet.