Ladies - it's TOM and...

Options
... the hunger monster is here with a vengeance :devil: I want to eat anything and EVERYTHING in my apartment right now! :blushing:

Do other ladies have this problem? What do you crave most? How do you find you can get your hunger to settle?

I just ate a chicken/tomato baked dish as well as an enormous serving of veggies (lots of spinach, half a stork of broccoli and a carrot) and I still feel like I haven't eaten all day even though I also had a very carbs filled lunch of soba noodles AND curry-rice... Grumble grumble grumble! :noway:

I think I might go make an omelette now.... :love:

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    they say drink more water

personally I find a nice cup of tea nomally stop the hunger

try eating more veg and or salad

or some fruit can help too
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I was just about to make this same exact post!

It is AWFUL. Since yesterday morning I have been craving pizza. I fell asleep last night thinking about it.

My hormone crazed brain tells me, "It's okay, it's only once. You'll just eat one piece and stop." But I know that if I buy a pizza, my brain will then convince me that the WHOLE THING is perfectly fine to eat.

I know I need to resist, but my brain is so seductive with it's carbohydrate laden, crunchy, cheesy voice.

GAH.

Edit: I'm not hungry. My brain just tells me to eat eat eat.
  • KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You're not alone!! That's the only time I really crave chocolate. Luckily, the rest of the month, I could care less about sweets. I try not to go crazy, but I do allow myself a little treat here and there.

Try to drink more water when you do that and log everything even if you feel guilty. :)
  • angelasfree1
    angelasfree1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Defo drink more water. That really helps me. And also ask yourself are you really hungry? Or are you just bored? I really overeat when I'm bored! As for what do I crave...well, pretty much everything that I shouldn't have! Crisps being my number one problem area!
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Me I drink loads of tea without sugar the warm in my belly makes me feel more full xxx
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You're not alone!! That's the only time I really crave chocolate. Luckily, the rest of the month, I could care less about sweets. I try not to go crazy, but I do allow myself a little treat here and there.

Try to drink more water when you do that and log everything even if you feel guilty. :)

This is me. Not a big sweet eater, but I do crave chocolate at that TOM. I also crave pasta though during TOM. Yesterday, I would eat and then 5 minutes later feel like I was starving!
  • k8wizzo
    k8wizzo Posts: 33
    Options
    Increase your protein intake AND your magnesium intake. Those chocolate cravings are usually due to low magnesium.
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too - when I do give in and eat something, I usually get stuck in a sweet/salty/sweet/salty rotation.

My best way to combat my cravings is to remove myself from the situation - i.e., I'll go take a walk or a bath or read a book - anything that gets me out of the living room - which is right next to the kitchen and the food.
  • willowcat2005
    Options
    It's crazy i ended up eating nearly a full bag of chocolate buttons (600 calories - so not good!), but what was even scarier is its the first time i've ever given into my cravings after 14 months of dieting, and i've never felt so ill afterwards, i just cannot quite literally stomach so much junk food and quantities of food that i used to - which is quite a revelation as to how much i must have been eating at one stage. Thankfully i think my little fit of madness has managed to cure me a bit, i still do head straight for the munchies at that TOM but i just try to be a little more sensible!
  • weightingitout88
    Options
    Try a Chocolate Brownie Quest Bar. I promise you- with 16g of Fiber (only 4carbs) and 20g of protein it cures hunger, cravings, and is essentially really good for you. I eat one everyday, TOM or not! =)

Happy Hunger Games lol.
    http://www.questproteinbar.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=20&idcategory=2
    (Get them at GNC!) Nom NOm!
  • weightingitout88
    Options
    Try a Chocolate Brownie Quest Bar. I promise you- with 16g of Fiber (only 4carbs) and 20g of protein it cures hunger, cravings, and is essentially really good for you. I eat one everyday, TOM or not! =)

Happy Hunger Games lol.

And I also think Quest should pay me because I just sounded like a spokesperson! ha!
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Me. Right now. I want to eat the WORLD!!! I am not hungry at all I just need to eat eat eat. Cant help as to how to stop it as I haven't yet succeeded. I also seem to have it worse now, since I got sterlised last year it seems to start about 8 - 10 days before and doesn't stop until 'it' arrives. Add that to the rest of the hormones that make me want to pick up the nearest person and hammer throw them as far as possible and it makes it impossible for me to control.

So if you find the magical answer please share as I am stuck :(
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I don't usually have too much of a problem, but some months are worse than others. This time, so far, has been a little worse than normal...double serving of Bear Claw ice cream last night...just finished a huge, delicious pancake that I cooked in butter and then drowned in syrup...it was soooo good! I don't stress out over it though. Everything usually evens out by the time it's over. No big deal. :)
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Increase your protein intake AND your magnesium intake. Those chocolate cravings are usually due to low magnesium.

Yeah I think I am low on magnesium - I'll be sure to take my supplement RIGHT NOW!

So after veggies OD I just had an apple with plain yoghurt and cinnamon. Full for maybe 5 mins, and hungry again...

Still can't believe how hungry I was even after lunch too... unless I am really distracted I just want to keep eating!

Good luck guys! and thanks for all the tips :D
  • JessHealthKick
    Options

Happy Hunger Games lol.

And I also think Quest should pay me because I just sounded like a spokesperson! ha!

GNC? Sorry, I live in Japan so probably not available. I'll check what we have on our Amazon now, thanks!!!
  • JessHealthKick
    Options
    It's 9:30pm in my corner of the world, so I have decided I'm just going to drink half a litre of water and go to sleep.. no point in trying to stay awake because I can't function and I know my stomach is full.

Night all!
  • dmkirk28
    dmkirk28 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It's TOM and I just want to sleep for 5 days....and eat everything in sight...but I lost 3 pounds so I'm doing alright!
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I should've posted this exact post. It's terrible! I want to eat everything under the sun
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Today I had a couple protein shakes, two pop tarts, two packets of instant oatmeal, a couple protein bars, a banana, a can of black beans, corn, and 10 oz of chicken, 16 oz of yogurt, half a Ghirardelli chocolate bar, 48 almonds, and now I'm thinking about making a cheese omelette for dinner. I must be just about that TOM for me too because I don't know what else would explain me being hungry.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    tom-anderson-net-worth.jpg