Options

Replies

• _cheryl_
    _cheryl_ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I make these
    http://tinyurl.com/cpcmrdx

Jillian Michael's Blueberry Banana Muffins
    3/4 cup very ripe mashed banana (about 2)
    3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
    1/2 cup honey
    1/3 cup olive oil
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
    2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)

31944310.png
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Saved for baking delicious bread later ...
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    All of these sound SOOOOO good. I love banana bread and would love to try these sometime.
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Great, will try some of them!
    I've done Nigella's banana muffins and have calculated the cals/protein/carbs etc, can post the link too if you are interested, they are lovely! (each works out around 180kcal if I remember correctly) But would love a healthier option (maybe less butter, more milk?)
    ]

On the blog link I posted there is actually an adaptation I did of nigellas choc banana muffin recipe from 'kitchen'. ;)
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    banana's are not our friends :( 2 bananas tips you over your sugar intake for one day - as much as I love them - I'm steering clear.

I eat 2 bananas per day and have lost 75 pounds. There is nothing wrong with eating bananas. As long as you log it and have a calorie deficit you will continue to lose weight. By the way, I also eat 2 apples a day sometimes 3! Track your calories!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    These are the ones I make:

http://dashingdish.com/recipe/banana-bread-protein-muffins/

They never look at good as the photo, but they taste great! When I make them they come out to about 90 calories per muffin, but that is because of the ingredients I use (my protein that I use has more calories and the past few times I have made them I have used regular sugar as trying to use it up before switching to Stevia). Mine also do not puff up like that, they end up actually deflating a bit. But they taste great!
  • Kevsangel
    Kevsangel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Will be making these SOON, YUM!!!
  • moor9559
    moor9559 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great recipes!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I just make mine with healthy substitutes. Instead of making a large loaf I make 8 small loaves and freeze the ones I'm not using. That way a slice is way less. I use wheat flour instead of stripped white flour and stevia instead of sugar. (Note that stevia is way sweeter than sugar so it is not a 1:1 substitute). There are other substitutes you can make, but those are the ones I've made. Tastes the same but way less calories and much healthier for you. You can also use these substitute in zucchini and pumpkin bread.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    http://pinterest.com/pin/207095282834982936/

THis is the BEST banana bread... but not as healthy.

That's some....unusual....looking banana bread :wink:

BAHAHAHA! I had checked out this pic that someone posted as inspiration earlier... must not have copied my linke appropriately :laugh:

Here's the banana bread recipe:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/94083079685331198/

:drinker:
  • mkatkar
    mkatkar Posts: 24
    Options
    bump
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/classic-banana-bread-10000000549764/

I use non-fat plain greek yogurt in place of the low-fat yogurt. It always tastes great and this bread disappears FAST in my house.

Amount per serving

Calories: 187
    Calories from fat: 21%
    Fat: 4.3g
    Saturated fat: 2.4g
    Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
    Protein: 3.3g
    Carbohydrate: 34.4g
    Fiber: 1.1g
    Cholesterol: 40mg
    Iron: 1mg
    Sodium: 198mg
    Calcium: 20mg
  • gaiaearth
    gaiaearth Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recipe but have heard that you can replace a lot of the oil in sweet breads with applesauce. It still has the sugars, but I think it's a little better when they come from an actual fruit source. Good luck & please post if you find a yummy sucessful recipe. (I have bananas in my freezer :) )
  • srgtbiggles
    srgtbiggles Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • cblwolf
    cblwolf Posts: 5
    Options
    I posted this recipe four years ago and still make all the time, but most of the time without the nuts. It's tasty and satisfies my banana bread craving! Hope you enjoy it!

http://oikology101.blogspot.com/2009/02/lowfat-banana-bread.html
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    banana's are not our friends :( 2 bananas tips you over your sugar intake for one day - as much as I love them - I'm steering clear.

Ahh, but if you put the 2 bananas in a load of bread and then slice it into 7 and only eat 1 slice a day ... you've only eaten 2/7 of a banana and your sugar intake should still be intact :smile:

Yeah but if you put the 2 bananas in ....ummmmm....errrrr.. nevermind.

P.S. how dare you say bananas on MFP. It's a controversial topic here. Unsure why, though, but one can never even mention them in relation to other topics without things getting craaaaaayyyyyyyzzzzzzzzaaaaaaayyyyy.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Exhibit A

I eat 2 bananas per day and have lost 75 pounds. There is nothing wrong with eating bananas. As long as you log it and have a calorie deficit you will continue to lose weight. By the way, I also eat 2 apples a day sometimes 3! Track your calories!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

you're delusional. bananas are healthy and a great source of potassium which helps prevent muscle cramps. sugar from fruit is not to be avoided.
  • MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    bump