Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you weigh yourself every day or once a week?

I realize that the scale is probably only accurate once a week but weighing in daily keeps me on track. I purchased a wi-fi fitbit ONE and the Aria wi-fi scale which syncs with my iPhone fitbit app and My Fitness Pal account. This means that every time I weigh myself, it syncs to both accounts & shows all of my friends if I have lost or gained weight. I'm thinking about only weighing myself once a week now because I realize everyone will see my daily weigh-ins which are not accurate. Yeah, I guess I do care what everyone sees & I do appreciate their support in my weight loss. Do you weigh every day or once a week?

Replies

• chercee
    chercee Posts: 120 Member
    I weigh myself everyday, because I like to have an idea how I'm doing. I know that daily fluctuations are normal, so it doesn't stress me out. I "officially" weigh in on Fridays.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Everyday. And if I see a loss for two days in a row, I log it. This has always worked for me.
  • JenHol79
    JenHol79 Posts: 90 Member
    I think its a personal preference. I have been weighing myself everyday for about the last three weeks and Ive decided to stop and go for once a week or two weeks. It stresses me out more than anything really. Im going to base my accomplishments on the way my clothes fit. My jeans FINALLY just today are a little less snug. (at least thats my plan)
  • Suzanuh
    Suzanuh Posts: 36 Member
    I weigh myself everyday, but only record it if it's a loss of pound or more really. I do it because it helps keep me accountable. When I don't weigh myself every day and I end up going longer and longer between weighing myself. And well the last time that happened.... I ended up gaining so much I got scared to step on the scale at all.

But that's just me.
  • pandabear7486
    pandabear7486 Posts: 92 Member
    I agree that it's personal preference. I check my weight daily but only log it 1x a week. I don't have scales that sync up automatically either though so it's more personal in between my check-in days.
  • dennymau
    dennymau Posts: 118 Member
    Once a week for me. It puts more pressure on me to look forward to the scale on Monday morning :happy:
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    I weigh myself everyday, because I like to have an idea how I'm doing. I know that daily fluctuations are normal, so it doesn't stress me out. I "officially" weigh in on Fridays.

This is me too :)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    I weigh myself less than once per week. I'd like to get away from the scales altogether because weighing mostly frustrates me. In recent weeks, a lot of people around me are commenting on my weight loss, but the scales show zip, nada, zilch.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Every day that I think of it. I always weigh before eating, and sometimes I forget, or am in too much of a rush. But at least three, four times a week. It keeps me on track, too. It's nice to think I can make an adjustment if I see the number going up, and it does inform me about fluctuations.

My scale provides a body fat estimate, which over time shows trends.

The scale is my friend.
  • Kaulette
    Kaulette Posts: 7
    I weigh myself once a week. And it's always first thing in the morning and completely naked. I was weighing myself everyday and it really stressed me out.
  • I didnt know you see the scales shift everyday? i weigh myself every 2 weeks as i get so discouraged if the scales dont budge (got baby fat to lose). I know i lost a few lbs as some of my pre-pregnancy clothes are less snug... also i dont wanna obsess bout my weight either lol
  • Gordo1981
    Gordo1981 Posts: 59 Member
    I agree with the once a week or less crowd. I tend to go every 7-10 days, first thing in the morning right after I shower (maybe I am less accurate due to a little wet hair, or something.) In a lot of ways it gives me something to look forward to each week, I like to see some hopefully noticeable downward trends!
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    I weigh myself once per week. I used to do it daily, but the fluctuation of the numbers was giving me feelings of negativity and getting me down.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Once a month-ish
  • motoole19
    motoole19 Posts: 11 Member
    I weigh myself every morning for the accountability. But, I know fluctuations are normal so my official weigh in day is on Friday. But, if I see a loss for two consecutive days, I do count it.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,123 Member
    I usually record the weight I see once a week (when I weigh on Tuesdays)... but sometimes I can't help myself and weigh myself throughout the week.
  • My plan is to weigh in every Sunday....however if I wake up feeling especially good about myself after a few days, then I sneak a little weigh in beforehand :P
  • perficktangel
    perficktangel Posts: 26 Member
    Because our weight can go up and down throughout the week for a number of reasons, our official weekly weigh-in day may be one of the heavier days, making it look like we had a gain, when we actually may not have. For that reason, I weigh myself every day in the morning & then average out the numbers at the end of the week, so that I get an average for the week.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    I weigh every day, but I only record my weight every 2 weeks. I record my measurements at the same time. I expect to lose about 1 lb every 2 weeks.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Since I'm new to this, I've been weighing myself every day. But since weight can fluctuate in odd ways, it just gives me a ballpark idea of what's going on; I know it may not necessarily be a perfect idea of my actual weight loss. So official weigh in is usually only once a week, unless I see a significant change before then.

I'm trying to quit weighing myself every day. It feels mildly obsessive to me, and I'm not in it as an obsession.