Do you weigh yourself every day or once a week?

Options
I realize that the scale is probably only accurate once a week but weighing in daily keeps me on track. I purchased a wi-fi fitbit ONE and the Aria wi-fi scale which syncs with my iPhone fitbit app and My Fitness Pal account. This means that every time I weigh myself, it syncs to both accounts & shows all of my friends if I have lost or gained weight. I'm thinking about only weighing myself once a week now because I realize everyone will see my daily weigh-ins which are not accurate. Yeah, I guess I do care what everyone sees & I do appreciate their support in my weight loss. Do you weigh every day or once a week?

Replies

• chercee
    chercee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, because I like to have an idea how I'm doing. I know that daily fluctuations are normal, so it doesn't stress me out. I "officially" weigh in on Fridays.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Everyday. And if I see a loss for two days in a row, I log it. This has always worked for me.
  • JenHol79
    JenHol79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think its a personal preference. I have been weighing myself everyday for about the last three weeks and Ive decided to stop and go for once a week or two weeks. It stresses me out more than anything really. Im going to base my accomplishments on the way my clothes fit. My jeans FINALLY just today are a little less snug. (at least thats my plan)
  • Suzanuh
    Suzanuh Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but only record it if it's a loss of pound or more really. I do it because it helps keep me accountable. When I don't weigh myself every day and I end up going longer and longer between weighing myself. And well the last time that happened.... I ended up gaining so much I got scared to step on the scale at all.

But that's just me.
  • pandabear7486
    pandabear7486 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's personal preference. I check my weight daily but only log it 1x a week. I don't have scales that sync up automatically either though so it's more personal in between my check-in days.
  • dennymau
    dennymau Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me. It puts more pressure on me to look forward to the scale on Monday morning :happy:
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, because I like to have an idea how I'm doing. I know that daily fluctuations are normal, so it doesn't stress me out. I "officially" weigh in on Fridays.

This is me too :)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself less than once per week. I'd like to get away from the scales altogether because weighing mostly frustrates me. In recent weeks, a lot of people around me are commenting on my weight loss, but the scales show zip, nada, zilch.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Every day that I think of it. I always weigh before eating, and sometimes I forget, or am in too much of a rush. But at least three, four times a week. It keeps me on track, too. It's nice to think I can make an adjustment if I see the number going up, and it does inform me about fluctuations.

My scale provides a body fat estimate, which over time shows trends.

The scale is my friend.
  • Kaulette
    Kaulette Posts: 7
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. And it's always first thing in the morning and completely naked. I was weighing myself everyday and it really stressed me out.
  • yummy_mummy85
    Options
    I didnt know you see the scales shift everyday? i weigh myself every 2 weeks as i get so discouraged if the scales dont budge (got baby fat to lose). I know i lost a few lbs as some of my pre-pregnancy clothes are less snug... also i dont wanna obsess bout my weight either lol
  • Gordo1981
    Gordo1981 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I agree with the once a week or less crowd. I tend to go every 7-10 days, first thing in the morning right after I shower (maybe I am less accurate due to a little wet hair, or something.) In a lot of ways it gives me something to look forward to each week, I like to see some hopefully noticeable downward trends!
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once per week. I used to do it daily, but the fluctuation of the numbers was giving me feelings of negativity and getting me down.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Once a month-ish
  • motoole19
    motoole19 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning for the accountability. But, I know fluctuations are normal so my official weigh in day is on Friday. But, if I see a loss for two consecutive days, I do count it.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I usually record the weight I see once a week (when I weigh on Tuesdays)... but sometimes I can't help myself and weigh myself throughout the week.
  • lovelymrsbasham
    Options
    My plan is to weigh in every Sunday....however if I wake up feeling especially good about myself after a few days, then I sneak a little weigh in beforehand :P
  • perficktangel
    perficktangel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Because our weight can go up and down throughout the week for a number of reasons, our official weekly weigh-in day may be one of the heavier days, making it look like we had a gain, when we actually may not have. For that reason, I weigh myself every day in the morning & then average out the numbers at the end of the week, so that I get an average for the week.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I only record my weight every 2 weeks. I record my measurements at the same time. I expect to lose about 1 lb every 2 weeks.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Since I'm new to this, I've been weighing myself every day. But since weight can fluctuate in odd ways, it just gives me a ballpark idea of what's going on; I know it may not necessarily be a perfect idea of my actual weight loss. So official weigh in is usually only once a week, unless I see a significant change before then.

I'm trying to quit weighing myself every day. It feels mildly obsessive to me, and I'm not in it as an obsession.