Do you weigh yourself every day or once a week?

Options

Replies

• iBreatheMusic88
    Options
    Once a month... THE SCALE IS THE DEVIL!
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Once a week and always on Friday mornings before I have had anything to eat or drink. Anymore then that and I think the fluctuations would stress me out but that is just me.
  • size08
    size08 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I understand you should weigh your self once a week. weighing every day will show your fluctations. and yeh, you can accept that. I felt blotted one particular sunday morn, and it showed on the scales, I weighed again on monday, feeling great! and yeh, that showed on the scales.

Once a week weigh in girl I am!
  • ItsVJ
    ItsVJ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a month. I was so obsessed with the scale that I was experiencing disappointment and frustration because I wasn't losing as fast as I thought I should. I knew I needed to adjust my motivation to getting healthy and fit instead of losing weight. So, I've committed to weighing once a month, and that did the trick. Now, I really look forward to my weigh-in, which is almost ALWAYS a loss!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, because I like to have an idea how I'm doing. I know that daily fluctuations are normal, so it doesn't stress me out. I "officially" weigh in on Fridays.

^^^same.
    Except my "offical" days are Wednesdays. And I log the weight whether it's a gain or a loss.
  • isa412
    isa412 Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week before having breakfast.
  • evolution143
    evolution143 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost every morning (if I think about it) and record losses. I only record a gain if it's still showing up after 2-3 days but thus far that hasn't happened. I'll record a gain thinking that's that -- then the next day I weigh and I've lost that gain and then some. Weighing most days doesn't bother me. I know my weight will fluctuate daily and even hourly but as long as the scale keeps going down I'm happy.
  • RonandDi
    RonandDi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Everyday. And if I see a loss for two days in a row, I log it. This has always worked for me.

This is me also....
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and plug in to a spreadsheet and look at the 15 day moving average, that's the weight I use when I factor in meeting my goals.
  • WonTaunTaun
    WonTaunTaun Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I tell myself every week that I'm not going to check the scale until Friday. However, I have a hard time doing that because I just really like to see the progress I've made. I may have only lost 7lbs so far, but I've worked hard for it and like to see the results. So I cave pretty much every day and step on the scale. Lol. I don't officially log the results until I'm about 2lbs down and I see no fluctuation between numbers for a couple days. Then I know it's not water weight and actual weight loss.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    About once every 6 months
  • newwoman99
    newwoman99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily in the morning. Keeps me on track. Although my official weigh in is every Monday morning. That way I know I can't mess myself up on the weekends. Weighing daily doesn't stress me out. It just keeps me motivated. I have lost 50 lbs in the past year. 30 since Jan 1st! Alot more work to do but I know I can do it.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Once a month
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh every day but stopped because it was determining how I felt about myself that day. Now, I weigh on on Sat mornings and I"m paying attention to how my clothes fit.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day because I'm neurotic and I like to keep the "fluctuation" in check. Being pregnant, sometimes the scale goes up, sometimes it goes down, so I haven't been tracking too closely, but I find that weighing myself every morning helps me to be aware of how food affects me, particularly how it relates to water retention.
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, because it helps me to stay accountable. I do realize there are fluctuations so I log once I hit a pound or more gone.
  • araromi2
    araromi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I put my scale in the trunk because I was getting on 2 times a day...I started driving myself crazy...so I will only weigh myself once a month or if I happen to go to the doctor
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i weigh myself every day simply because i need a routine where i weighed myself once in a while to keep it logged and tracked but when i tried to do it once a week i would forget to do it or did it at different times of day so i had major fluctuations in my tracking. so then i decided i should do it every morning before i get dressed. and then it actually became routine. i dont think everyone should do this. it can mess with your head. scales are bad like that. you have to remember to not let it get to you. if u see it becoming a problem then please just step away from the scale for a little while.
  • crowlg94
    crowlg94 Posts: 41
    Options
    Every Saturday morning. Before I weighted in once a month but that was not enough, and daily only discourage me because I did not seem to meet my desires. Now once a week on Saturday mornings and sometimes on Wednesday mornings to keep myself in check. If the Wednesday is less than a pound I make adjustments for the rest of the week.
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Every morning, if I didnt i would be bonkers by now, I have learned that sodium will make me gain upwards of 5lbs, that the TOM will make me ballooon, that my weight is like a rollercoaster, that goes up and down and up and down, that being said, when I look it the over-all picture in a months time it always goes down. If I weighed once a week, and had an "up" day it would of discourgaed me before I learned how my body works, and that my weight loss is one huge amusement ride :happy: