7 months, down 60lbs

Options
lhatt83
lhatt83 Posts: 33 Member
I've lost almost 60lbs since September and decided it was time to post my progress pictures!

I have been logging on MFP for 225 days and working out 5-6 days a week. I started with 90 days of TubroFire, and then began incorporating weight training.

Currently, I lift heavy 3 days a week, lift light for endurance once a week, and run 2-3 days a week. I eat approximately 1600 cal/day at the moment (this changes all the time) and I drink a ton of water.

I have learned so much about myself on this journey. It has been unbelievably challenging, but so rewarding. My diet has drastically improved a long the way as I learn more and more about what my body needs. I eat mostly clean and rarely cheat anymore, but it has taken a long time to get to that point.

I have wanted to quit so many times. There have been times when the scale didn't budge for a month, times when I felt so discouraged that I ate myself sick, and times when I cried from frustration, but I kept going. I still have more work to do, but I am very happy with how much progress I've made so far.

For those interested...

Height 5'8"
SW 252
CW 194
GW 165

I have lost almost 10" from my waist and dropped 12% body fat along the way!

Hope this inspires some people to keep pushing when things get tough:)

8ca2f6a0-2504-4c29-8aae-3e9decbcac7a.jpg

29410897.png

Replies

• ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! Awesome job!!
  • lhatt83
    Options
    Thank you! Not sure why it cut off the picture, but you get the point :)
  • Angeleyes_simone
    Options
    Wow you look great, good job!
  • Mrsjenningsjr
    Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Amazing! So extremely proud of you!
  • Bjoyz
    Bjoyz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    "I have wanted to quit so many times. There have been times when the scale didn't budge for a month, times when I felt so discouraged that I ate myself sick, and times when I cried from frustration, but I kept going. I still have more work to do, but I am very happy with how much progress I've made so far."

Thank you for being honest about your emotions throughout this journey! Way to go, you look great!
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You are doing amazing!!!!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Awsome job!
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow! Incredible change. Looks like your hard work is definitely paying off.
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Amazing dedication! I appreciate the frustrations you shared. While I'm not a success yet, I am taking note of all of the NSVs and all of the times I've struggled and wanted to throw in the towel. It's not easy, but you keep going. Well done!
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Amazing and I know all about the frustration of the scale not moving, it's happened to me a few times already but we can't stop! Just keep going and it will start moving again!!! Way to go!! :flowerforyou:
  • cindygagnon
    cindygagnon Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • kristy_n0831
    kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go!
  • Stevi1986
    Options
    Proud of you honey, keep up the good work!!
  • xxkookumxx
    Options
    Congratulations! I just joined MFP and you have inspired me to take a "before" picture. I have been hiding from the camera for a year since I gained 40lbs. I never want to weigh 174 lbs again, so a photo is definately in order. I am 5' 0" tall and my goal is to get back to 130 lbs. I am 46 years old and going through menopause, combined with a long winter in comfy leggings spelled disaster for me. Good luck to everyone on their journey. :)
  • lhatt83
    Options
    I am glad I inspired you! PLEASE take before pictures!!! You will be so glad you did! I would not notice the drastic changes in muscle definition without the side-by-side comparison. It is so easy to focus on all the things I still hate about my body, but this picture helps me put that into perspective
    :smile:
  • J3nnyV
    J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing and your hard work has paid off! Great job!
  • tanyabutton
    tanyabutton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful - congratulations.
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this!!
    I am currently going through a tough time where the scale isn't budging! I have been at it for 5 months (as of tommorrow) and have lost 40lbs. I also tend to focus on what I don't like instead of looking at how far I've come. What an inspiration!!! GREAT JOB!
  • Jocmc631942
    Jocmc631942 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good job! I love seeing these pictures-- so inspiring!
  • lhatt83
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this!!
    I am currently going through a tough time where the scale isn't budging! I have been at it for 5 months (as of tommorrow) and have lost 40lbs. I also tend to focus on what I don't like instead of looking at how far I've come. What an inspiration!!! GREAT JOB!

Don't get discouraged! It is so easy to focus on the negative. Stick with it and you will be so glad you did :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!