Suggestion-Decrease Carbs???

Options
I just made my diary public!!! I have been really serious for the last 2 weeks about logging and eating better. This is my second time around...I lost 60 pounds the first time and kept it off for a few years, but most has crept back on :mad: Two weeks back in and I feel really good. I feel full and have more energy already. I am slowly incorporating the exercise back in. I would love to get my PCF Ratio cloer to 50-30-20, however, I am closer to 20-60-20..Any suggestions on decreasing my carbs??? I really do not want to cut out fruit, as I feel that is really helping me feel full and satisfied. Is the suggested ratio even important in weight loss?

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    cut out all white carbs...no white bread, no white sugar, white rice, white pasta. Also I read that you should consume carbs in the morning (I however consume most of my carbs at supper, but I work out at night). Try wrapping your lunch meat in lettuce instead of tortillas, increase your protein so you "feel full",
  • Laurelthequeen
    Options
    Stop eating flour and sugar and you'll quickly cut your carbs back.

Also avoid starchy foods like potatoes, rice, etc. I've found that quinoa can be effectively subbed in for recipes that call for rice or pasta. Not the same thing, but at least you're getting more than just carbs from it.

I am able to keep my net carbs down around 100g most days following these rules.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    If you're full and satisfied, why change things? Although I would probably up the fats as 20% seems a bit low to me, and fat is both necessary and satiating.
  • jschneider
    jschneider Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have cut out potatos and bread almost 100%, allthought I did make a healthy version of chicken and dumplings this week that is hight on carbs. I am finding 50% or more of my carbs are coming from fruit
  • Sarah1023
    Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing to remember is that carbs are our immediate energy source and that we need them in moderation to function. You do need to focus on "good"/complex carbs as the mainstay for this group...brown rice, whole wheat pasta, quinoa, fruits....these are all complex, high fiber, etc. I think finding your own balance is important as well. Some ppl can eat 50% of their diet from carbs and lose weight, others just have more difficulty losing at that carb amount. Just play around with your plan and you will see what works best for you.
  • acdcwells09
    acdcwells09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Remember there are good carbs and bad carbs. Fruit is good carbs and also a complex carb which means they digest at a slower rate which is better for you. If you have simple carbs (processed foods) they disgest quicker but then they spike your blood suger level slowing down your detox of your liver which is where your fat stores. Bread are also good carbs depending on the bread. DO NOT eat white or wheat, wheat has too much sugar. Always got go multi grain. If you loose too quickly you'll gain it back quicker.
  • acdcwells09
    acdcwells09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do the "Zone-Diet" 40-30-30 it has had better results because you're having a more balanced diet.