Breakfast ideas?

Options

Replies

• GoneLbsGirl
    Options
    A scramble using olive oil to lubricate the pan, eggs, spinach, feta cheese, onion and garlic & Ezeikel cinnamon raison english muffin w. a pat of butter! Washed down with 1 cup of milk! Filling and delicious!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Wheat bagel with 1 tbsp peanut butter spread on it. Keeps my fill. When I start bulking, I figure I will do the same but add 2-3 eggs.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    slice of smoked salmon on wholemeal toast with a poached egg on top... yummy, filling and healthy :)
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    1 egg, 2 egg whites, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and fat free cheddar scramble.
    oatmeal with honey and cinnamon
    banana *no flour* pancakes with maple flavored agave
    greek yogurt with honey or fruit

Those are my go to's
  • SunOfMan
    SunOfMan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Porridge (oatmeal) made with 2 parts water/1 part milk. Throw in some raisins, banana, honey and cinnamon.

Breakfast of champions!
  • lotusspark
    lotusspark Posts: 367
    Options
    I eat huge breakfasts... Like 400-600 calories. I have noticed that the huge breakfast, regular lunch and light dinner work for me.

Breakfast today:
    Light and Fit Greek yogurt-80 cals
    1 piece of nutty grain Arnold bread-80 cals
    1 tablespoon of almond butter-95 cals
    1 cup of kashi go lean almond flax cereal-200 cals
    1 cup of almond milk-30 cals

Sometimes I will do oatmeal made with almond milk and almond butter mixed in too. Mmmmm!

I do the same eating style as ↑

Today I had ..
    8/9 C Blueberries (88cals)
    2 lite laughing cows (70cal)
    1 small braeburn apple (50cal)
    1Tbsp almond butter (85)

I divide my food through the day so that
    hopefully my biggest calories are in
    my breakfast/am hours.
  • vickilynnbillings
    vickilynnbillings Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I made a yummy protein smoothie :) I call it "Berry Bliss" and with protein powder, greek yogurt and fresh berries, it's not just good but good for you !!! What are you having??
  • loselikeagirl
    loselikeagirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal (not instant - I can't handle the texture) with dried apples and cinnamon

If I eat too early I might need a piece of fruit and hard boiled egg mid-morning
  • CubicCutie
    Options
    Oatbran every morning except treat of eggs weekend.

Oatbran as opposed to oat porridge has more protein, less cals and kinder to the gut being soluble
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    One banana and one atkins creamy chocolate breakfast drink! :wink:
  • mlogdog
    mlogdog Posts: 5
    Options
    I do a Fage 0% Total yogurt with 1/4 cup of Grape-Nuts. Then, if I'm still hungry, either dried figs, an apple, a banana, or some clementines. I also love plain oatmeal (I have raisins to throw in it if I want, but honestly it tastes great plain.)
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    I love breakfast, I can eat it ALL Day!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Poached egg over sautéed spinach, wheat toast with almond butter

One egg + 2 egg whites scrambled with spinach and a laughing cow mozzarella/sundries tomato wedge or feta

Steel cut oats with an apple or pear sautéed in cinnamon and a little brown sugar (sometimes I add walnuts)

Greek nonfat plain yogurt over a banana
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    1. 1/4 cup Power granola - homemade with a little protein powder <--- I've grown to really love this, and it's soo filling
    2. fruit power smoothie
    3. cream cheese eggs (1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, add some veggies or not ... cook like an omelete, use 1 Tbsp cream cheese to melt into the middle when you fold it over) this is my weekend breakfast
    4. 1/2 acron squash, with sausge & 1 soft boiled egg - combined it's sooooo goood !
  • teresabaker1840
    Options
    sometimes i eat mushrooms sauteed and 2 eggs or have some sorta vegies since I am doing Atkins(Induction)teresabaker1840:smile:
  • babams
    babams Posts: 15
    Options
    My latest breakfast idea is an oatmeal-egg white pancake with a little splenda brown sugar for sweetness. If I need meat I use turkey bacon.

I have also just discovered Chia Seeds (a super food packed with protein, fiber, Omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and minerals). I blend a banana (not necessary) with almond milk (or water) and mix in 2 tbsp of Chia Seed. The concoction is a pudding like dessert that has just enough sweetness. I have it for dessert or breakfast. It's delish and highly recommended for a pre-work out food or snack.
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Great tips! Also now I'm totally hungry for some breakfast :laugh:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Spray Pam/EVOO spray in a muffin tin. Crack and egg into each one. Add spinach, veggies, spices or nothing.

Bake @ 350 for 15 mins and you have breakfast for a week.
  • britkip
    britkip Posts: 49
    Options
    Fiber one Cereals are all FIRE!! With Unsweetened almond milk!
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Breakfast Recipes

I made the broccoli omelets today they were great!