Need some simple healthy and quick dinner recipes!!

Options
I'm in desperate need of some quick and easy dinner recipes! Between working full time and having a 5 months old, I don't get too much time to spend in the kitchen.

Replies

• junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    There is nothing easier than grilling a meat (Chicken, pork) paired with a steamed vegetable:)
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Last night I chopped up equal amounts of summer squash, asparagus and broccoli, added 2 cloves of garlic chopped and 1TBSP of olive oil - Tossed them together, put them on a sheet tray covered with foil and put them in the oven for 350 for 20 minutes while 2 piece of salmon baked in my toaster oven (20 minutes on 350 as well). Clean up was a cinch and my BF, who isn't dieting LOVED it. Prep time 10 minutes, bake time 20 minutes. Everyone has 30 minutes to make a healthy meal.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    There is nothing easier than grilling a meat (Chicken, pork) paired with a steamed vegetable:)

^^^THIS^^^
  • kmccormick42
    kmccormick42 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com and Plainchicken.com (altho plain chicken is not a low cal site) both have a lot of good recipes including crock pot recipes. I can make something in my crock pot that will usually last a couple of days.
  • jogy
    jogy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Liquid egg whites, red peppers, broccoli, sliced ham, green onions, seasonings and a bit of parmesan or a low fat cheese. 10 minutes to prepare, 10 minutes to cook and you have an omelette!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Fajitas! I love making fajitas using spinach wraps... just cut up and saute your meat with some chopped veggies... throw it in a wrap and you're done!
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Cook instant rice (brown preferably) in a cream of something soup, add frozen mixed vegetables and maybe a little thyme. When rice is done, add some grated cheese or cut up chicken. Its a one-pan dinner.

Instead of mixed veggies, use broccoli and cheddar cheese and it makes a fake risotto.

Or use cut up asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
  • ACoehick
    ACoehick Posts: 4 Member
    Options

This is a great go. I use my george foreman to grill and pop a bag of steamers in the microwave. Great quick meal that doesn't need much tending to.

Try checking out CookingLight.com Not all of their recipes are quick but you can use that as a search filter. They have a lot of really good recipes on there.
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Baked Spaghetti (I make this for 4 people)

Brown 1 lb turkey meat
    Boil spaghetti wheat noodles ( (enough for how ever many people you have)

Mix in cake pan the meat, noodles and spaghetti sauce. Top with 1 package of Weight Watchers shredded cheese.
    Bake for 15 min @ 350 degrees or until cheese is melted. Cut into 8 sections and enjoy! Very fast to fix and very good to eat!
  • harr3mi
    harr3mi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken or Salmon with Asparagus and if desired, cut up a sweet potato into wedges, season with S&P, EVOO, and Rosemary (chopped garlic if you like)

Grill all three and save yourself time by not having to clean the whole kitchen or do as many dishes afterwards. I grill almost everything now so I dont have to clean my kitchen all the time. Saves me a time with 3 kids (one of which is 7 mo)
  • ladylucksummer
    Options
    Vegetable Tian (thinly sliced veggies topped with cheese and then roasted)...

This will last as a healthy side all week. Just add any protean you choose.

Ingredients:

1 Tbsp. olive oil
    1 medium yellow onion
    1 tsp. minced garlic
    1 medium zucchini
    1 medium yellow squash
    1 medium potato
    1 medium tomato
    1 tsp. dried thyme
    to taste salt & pepper
    1 cup shredded Italian cheese

Directions:

STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 180 (400 degrees f) Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic. Sauté both in a skillet with olive oil until softened (about five minutes).

STEP 2: While the onion and garlic are sautéing, thinly slice the rest of the vegetables.

STEP 3: Spray the inside of an 8x8 square or round baking dish with non-stick spray. Spread the softened onion and garlic in the bottom of the dish. Place the thinly sliced vegetables in the baking dish vertically, in an alternating pattern. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and thyme.

STEP 4: Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, top with cheese and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown
  • SkinTightDenims
    Options
    Creamy Mushroom Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 can cream of mushroom soup (98% fat free)
    light sour cream
    grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400. Place chicken breasts in oven-safe baking dish, add cream of mushroom soup. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Top with sour cream and parmesan cheese.

Serves 2-4. Serve with microwave-in-the-bag frozen vegetables.

=======================================================
    Teriyaki Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
    1 can pineapple tidbits in juice

Preheat oven to 400. Place chicken breasts in oven-safe baking dish, add teriyaki sauce and pineapple (with juice). Cover and bake 45 minutes.

Serves 2-4. Serve with bagged green salad and light Italian dressing.

========================================================

Taco Soup

2 cans diced tomatoes
    1 can enchilada sauce
    1 lb ground beef
    1 cup green onions, diced
    1 can sliced black olives
    1 packet taco seasoning
    4 cubes beef bouillon
    cheddar cheese, grated
    light sour cream

In large stock pot*, heat tomatoes and enchilada sauce to boiling. Add beef bouillon. In 10” skillet, brown ground beef, season with taco seasoning. Add seasoned beef, onions, and olives to tomato soup base. Return to boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Dish into bowls and top with grated cheddar cheese and sour cream.

Serves 4 - 6. Serve with tortilla chips or corn chips.

*Can also be prepared using a slow cooker!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Go on Pinterest. There is a "Health and Fitness " section. I have tried so many interesting and delicious recipes from there. I save them to a board.
  • Seraphemz
    Seraphemz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Check this site out, we use it a lot in my house. http://www.epicurious.com/recipesmenus/healthy/recipes?browseByAtt=205
  • skorpio1030
    Options
    Thanks!! I'm definitely going to try some of these ideas!!
  • ExmouthJo
    ExmouthJo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Another one-pan meal:

Fillet(s) of salmon seasoned, sprinkled with a little lemon juice and touch of olive oil
    Green beans blanched or lightly cooked
    Cherry tomatos
    Black olives (handfull)- wash off any oil or brine
    Anchovies (5 or 6)

Toss the beans, olives and tomatos in a teaspoon of olive oil. Put in a roasting pan beside the salmon.
    Lay the anchovies over the beans, olives and tomatos.
    Bake in a hot oven for 10 minutes or so until the anchovy flavour melts in with the beans and the fish is cooked!

Delicious!
  • berdoochick
    berdoochick Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump