POOP?? does anyone know?

Options
Hi all, seeing this is a fitness site, I felt it would be ok to ask this question--does anyone know how often you should poop a day? for me it's usually 1x a day sometimes every other day, is this good?:tongue: or bad?:sad:

Replies

• ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That's pretty good, I think I heard somewhere that you should have a BM at least 3x a week. As long as you are hydrated and your fiber consumption is good you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
  • JenHol79
    JenHol79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think that once a day is right on track. My doctor had just told me I shouldnt go more than 3 days without a BM
  • mabledog
    mabledog Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well i i usually go once every morning which is fine. been doing mfp for only a week and have been going 3 times a day! Is this ok ?
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    As long as it's happening regularly enough that it's just normal background noise in your life does it matter? There is no one specific number that is "right". Let it go! (Um, the worry that is. The other should be self regulating. LOL)
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    1-3x per day. Am I weird?
  • micheabr
    micheabr Posts: 72
    Options
    I think how much you poop shouldn't matter. As long as your poop is healthy (not rock hard, or super watery)
  • xtravisfx
    xtravisfx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I"m with ^^^ 1-3x's per day, usually within an hour or so of eating. My wife is usually once a day in the morning.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. Once a day might be fine, every other day might be fine. It all depends.

I go once in the morning, like clockwork, between 7:30 and 8:00. When I don't, I know something ain't right.
  • still_a_caterpillar
    Options
    I saw on Dr. Oz once that the more "S" shaped your poops are the healthier they are. I also have a book about poop (inside joke, long story) and apparently the healthiest poops are one-wipers. I think that going more than once a day as long as they aren't the gross liquidy kind (that means you've eaten something that doesn't agree with you and are likely on your way to dehydration. ALSO: I'm sorry for being so blunt). I know entirely too much about poop.
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    1-3x /day also.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I generally go once or twice a day.
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :blushing: As long as when you go it's healthy...everyone is different. I go 3 times a day most days, it doesn't take long after I eat my meals...
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've read anywhere between 3x per week and 3x per day is normal. For me, 1-2x per day is average.
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Well in the past I have gone anything from once a fortnight to 25 times a day....but then I have a bowel disease

You are totally fine. Sounds really healthy
  • oopsiedaezie
    Options
    I saw on Dr. Oz once that the more "S" shaped your poops are the healthier they are. I also have a book about poop (inside joke, long story) and apparently the healthiest poops are one-wipers. I think that going more than once a day as long as they aren't the gross liquidy kind (that means you've eaten something that doesn't agree with you and are likely on your way to dehydration. ALSO: I'm sorry for being so blunt). I know entirely too much about poop.

Thanks for the info! I've always wondered about regularity :blushing:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    So many fascinating things about poop. For instance.....
    tumblr_mlmn1nEOZr1s65qu1o1_500.gif

This makes me feel...
    tumblr_mlp29qg5C91rkj8fwo1_400.gif
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

"S" shape!?! Like hovering over the bowl to make a design on a Latte'?
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

I'm going to try this. How should I log it? Cardio, or Strength?
  • Ayne6246
    Ayne6246 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Medically speaking...as a retired nurse, we didn't worry unless a patient had gone more than 3 days without a BM. Day 4 got you a dose of milk of magnesia in most cases....threat of that usually produced a BM after day 3. LOL But some docs were not concerned until day 7.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

My name starts with a C

So 50% of the time when I poop I poop my first initial.