Where do you buy your health foods??

Options
A lot of people I know buy their protein powder, granola bars, vitamins, etc. all online. Why wouldn't you just buy them in a store? Can you get better stuff online, are they cheaper?? What do you purchase online and which sites do you like the best?

Replies

• MrsPeek
    MrsPeek Posts: 12
    Options
    I buy vitamins at luckyvitamin.com. They have a huge selection and it's a lot cheaper than any of my local stores.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I buy my protein powder online because the brand I like is FAR less expensive online than in the stores. Even if I had my friend who works at Vitamin Shoppe buy it for me with her employee discount, it costs more than buying it online.

I use vitacost.com, and I've got some referral codes for $10 off $30 -- message me if you'd like one.

For general organic grocery items (like organic produce and grains), I shop at Costco.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I do a combination of online and in-store. Online is usually much cheaper, even with shipping costs. But occasionally I'll run out of something and buy it in the store (usually GNC or Vitamin Shoppe), I'll have a coupon, or they will be running a great deal on something. I use BodyBuilding.com's website often, and they usually send you freebies too (blender cup, t-shirt, free samples, etc). And I've occasionally ordered from Amazon, if Bodybuilding.com is out of something.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I buy online because it's generally cheaper, it's more convenient, AND I get a better selection.
  • bootscronje
    bootscronje Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I order my casein and protein powders though bodybuilding.com. CHEAPER and FAST delivery plus free samples and gifts! I get my coconut water through amazon -- MUCH CHEAPER!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    A lot of people I know buy their protein powder, granola bars, vitamins, etc. all online. Why wouldn't you just buy them in a store? Can you get better stuff online, are they cheaper?? What do you purchase online and which sites do you like the best?

go check out bodybuilding.com.

Truuuuust me. You'll save a pile of money.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I get mine from iherb on the net. If you're in the USA, it's a little expensive but I'm in Korea and use it to get stuff to me that I can't normally get here. Shipping is fast and cheap too.

http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=QEP304
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Now I buy everything online, mostly on ebay. I used to buy at Vitamin Shoppe both at a store or online. I no longer use protein powders but still shop for bars and a lot of supplements & vitamins required post-op bariatric surgery.
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I buy a lot online because there's actually kind of a limited selection here in Hawaii. The stores are smaller and therefore their stock is too. Makes sense since there's a limited amount of space on an island! But Amazon (and a lot of other sites) do free shipping to Alaska and Hawaii and I can buy in bulk. So I buy a lot things online since it's cheaper and easier to find. You'd think Hawaii would have tons of fresh and healthy things, which they do, but it's VERY expensive and a lot of it goes to the hotels or is shipped to the mainland. So I really like buying things like flour, sugar, vitamins, etc online so that I have a bit more money to buy fresh produce and to go out to eat. It also means I don't have to drive all over the island to get stuff. And if you've ever experienced Oahu traffic, you know what a gift it is to be able to forgo the drive!