Insanity Results- 19lbs. slimmer

Options
jmnwoody
jmnwoody Posts: 3 Member
Hey Everyone,

I am about half-way in my journey to my goal weight, and wanted to post my results so far. I began February 2nd of this year. I started with the Master Cleanse, to help kick some bad food addiction problems as well as help with digestion issues. After completing the Master Cleanse, my husband and I started Insanity. I struggled with doing all of the videos in the second month, but still feel like I was able to put in a good effort. We just finished Insanity and now we are beginning a couch to 5k program.

I started at 177 lbs, and was absolutely horrified to know that I was almost in the 180's. I am only 5'1", so that is a lot of weight for my body. I used to be in great shape, 125 lbs. and ripped. My parents divorce, tough college semesters, and working full-time undid that over the years as I let myself go. I had never had the drive to get my body back until I realized that I was getting into numbers I had never dreamed of being in.

I am currently at 158 bls, and my goal is 130. It feels nice finally having the determination again to want to be healthy, not to see it as just a chore. I forgot what that felt like. I'm excited to keep working towards living a healthier lifestyle and getting the body that I loved so much back.

Progression_zps4241e6cd.jpg

Replies

• travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    That's amazing progress!! Congrats!

I want to start Insanity soon and this is totally inspiring!!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You look fanstic....Congrats to you hunn
  • ESPolk
    ESPolk Posts: 1
    Options
    Good Job! Congratulations! My girlfriend and I will be starting soon. Thanks for the motivation!
  • judsywudsy
    judsywudsy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I started insanity last week and quit on sunday... looking at you i am gonna put that dvd back in... thanks for the inspiration
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the results!
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Great results well done I am on week three of Insanity at the moment not much weight loss but I am definitely changing shape for the better. Congratulations on a great success
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Definite changes in your photos.
  • jmnwoody
    jmnwoody Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive comments! :)

I've only lost about 8 lbs. through Insanity itself, most of the weight I dropped was due to the Master Cleanse first. But Insanity is what really helped me actually start to tone up.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Wow great job!! I'm 5'1" also so I know how you feel!! When I'm done with the 30 day shred I think I'm gonna have to try insanity!!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    NICE! Keep it up!
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome! Keep up the good work!!!
  • jimbo2180
    jimbo2180 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey! awesome job! :D
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I started insanity last week and quit on sunday... looking at you i am gonna put that dvd back in... thanks for the inspiration

why did you quit? I am starting today. Just wondering what your experience is...
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I see your efforts; you look gr8t!
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Great results!
  • Viva81Diva
    Viva81Diva Posts: 148
    Options
    How wonderful!! You lost a great deal of body fat! I have back rolls that I gained when pregnant, and desperately want to get rid of them. I keep hearing about Insanity, but I cannot handle it right now. I am doing TapouT XT, though, and hope that I will have a complete body transformation by the time this 12 weeks is up. Loving it!! The workouts are fun but intense, and there is a different video to do each day of the week. I'll probably invest in Insanity after this. Thanks for sharing your pics! It is very inspiring to see what a big change you made! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!