working out 5-6 days per week and lost NO LBS!

Options
Hi!

I've been working out 5-6 days a week doing Beachbody's new Turbofire - I'm on week 2. I eat around 1400 calories on the days I don't workout and between 1500-1600 on the days I do. I haven't lost a single lb and I'm wondering if I'm not eating enough? Or what is going on! I feel good, stronger - but I'm not that sore after the workouts (I was after the first one!) Please help! I'm not going to stop working out, I love the workout but it can be discouraging. I only want to lose about 15 more lbs.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    a new workout will cause our muscles to retain water. it will get better over time. keep it up and you will see results.
  • wowwymommy
    Options
    throw out the scale... concentrate on how you feel and how your clothes are fitting. you are doing great sticking to it. don't give up!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I blogged about the scale last year...food for thought...

http://personalsweatequity.blogspot.com/2009/06/numbers-game.html
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I'm in the same boat. I never owned a scale because I think they are evil and totally hinder weight loss, but I finally broke down and bought one when I joined MFP so I could update my profile. It was fine the first few weeks when I was losing, but then last week I only lost .8 lbs and this week it hasn't budged. It's so discouraging when you know you have worked your butt off all week, stayed under your calorie goal every day, drank lots of water and did everything you were suppose to only to not have the scale budge 1 lb.

However, I have already lost at least one dress size and I can tell there are several areas of my body that are smaller and more toned, so I know my efforts are paying off. I just try not to let that evil little scale get into my head and sabotage my efforts.