I LOVE eating a ton of junk food during summer

Options
Summer is coming so school is off, and so I get to stay home all day watching Netflix and everything, and I LOVE the idea of relaxing during the summer and mostly eating whatever the hell I want, but I don't want my body/progress to go down the crapper.

And ''healthy'' version of junk food don't help, I REALLY crave the sweet stuff.

When school is in, I eat REALLY healthy so this only really happens when I have a copious amount of time to unwind and stay home.

Ugh, I don't know what I expect you guys to say, I mean, what's summer fun and movies at home without junk food right?

Replies

• KateHill1981
    KateHill1981 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Totally know the feeling! I work at a school, so I when I'm off for summer break it throws off my schedule like crazy. My plan is to stay determined, keep fruits and healthy snacks close by and also use more free time working out. Also staying busy by swimming, bowling, playing tennis or frisbee with my kids, walking the beach... I'm pretty sure I'll have a bunch of lazy days too though. If you really want to make a change- you just gotta do it!
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    Sweetheart, you barely weigh 100 pounds. Be kind to yourself.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I don't know what I expect you guys to say, I mean, what's summer fun and movies at home without junk food right?
    Instead, how about you think of it as a summer full of walking, running, biking, swimming, all while enjoying all of the amazing fruits and veggies that are in so delicous during that season?
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I love laying by a pool and drinking beer all day during the summer.

But alas.. that won't be happening.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

She's only 5'1"!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Get a summer job so you spend less time at home in front of the TV eating crap.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Instead of reaching for the bon bons, try keeping a lot of fresh fruit around, and grab a peach or a few cups of chilled watermelon when you need a sweet snack. Or if you HAVE to have candy or a real dessert, dark chocolate-covered almonds are a pretty sinless splurge.

Good luck!
  • XMan714
    XMan714 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Resist the temptation to stay indoors. Stay active and be reasonable when eating junk food. That's enough of a challenge. There's no need to complicate things any more.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

I weigh over 200. Is that bad?

To the OP. Balance your movie time with something else and you'll be just fine. Nothing wrong with relaxing.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Why would you spend the summer inside watching Netflix? Go out, find a pool, go to the park, just enjoy the weather!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I suspect a lot of your cravings are due to habit. For whatever reason, for you, summer = eat lots of junk food. Try to create new habits, while eating just enough junk to keep within your goals.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Instead, how about you think of it as a summer full of walking, running, biking, swimming, all while enjoying all of the amazing fruits and veggies that are in so delicous during that season?

I was going to say something similar. Spend the day outside being active so at night if you want to relax with a movie and eat ice cream you won't feel guilty :) I eat better in the summer since I live in FL and spend 75% of my weekends in a bikini haha
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Eat healhier and make sure you workout a good deal. Why let those current summer habits become a part of your life, it's only harder to change as you get older?
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love laying by a pool and drinking beer all day during the summer.

But alas.. that won't be happening.

sounds like a great plan
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Why would you spend the summer inside watching Netflix? Go out, find a pool, go to the park, just enjoy the weather!

I agree with this. I spent more then enough time in college, took we sweet *kitten* time partying which extended my stay, anyways....

it summer, why would you stay indoors? why not go to pool, park, camp, BBQ, hang out with friends? Why would you stay inside on nice days and watch netflix. I am a huge movie dude, but movies sound better during winter when it is crappy outside. When it is summer I just want to be in the sun. Go for a run to get ice cream and enjoy it in the eat. Lay in the sun and tan (i think that is what girls do).
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options

I agree. Do this now, before you get in the working world and won't have summers off anymore. I am jealous of your summers off :). You can always watch netflix at night.

If you are out and about, you won't be hungry all the time.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Plan a once-a-week junk-food night (not a binge), and stay on goal the rest of the week. You can have the things you crave. You just have to be reasonable.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to get past the goal of spending Summer in front of a TV.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I actually eat healthier during the summer! I think it's because I'm outdoors more and in less clothing. :laugh: I spend a lot of time by the pool, and when I'm out in the heat I just want to drink a lot of water and eat cold fruit like pineapple! Yum!

I think if you get outdoors more during the summer you'll find less temptation. I think your issue is boredom rather than the season.