If you could own and operate your own business....

Options
trophywife24
trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
What would your business be?

I would love to own a retro boutique with 50s style clothes, housewares, rockabilly stuff.

Replies

• TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Dentistry, Gun shop, or any business with lots of interaction. I am business minded, and have lots of experience with decision making, numbers, and people.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Brothel
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    probably a gym or a farmer's market
    the only things i can sell are lifting and veggies.
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Definitely a dog kennel and/or horse ranch.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I already do...a photography business.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    indoor go karting

though if money was no object, it would probably be running a Safari lodge in Sabi Sands. I love that place
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I had my own television show for a few years here in Arizona. Produced, managed, and marketed it across the southwest. LOVED doing it, but when 9/11 hit we lost a lot of advertisers and such. That was my dream

Jump forward to me now. If I could make a decent living doing it now I would get back into health and fitness, especially if I could teach kids tennis.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    A beautiful wedding venue that is not a pain in the *kitten* for brides.
    Easy, peasy.
  • riouxha
    riouxha Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    bakery
    I love baking. Plus side: when i make it, i don't eat it. smelling it the whole time makes me full.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Is this supposed to be a successful business? If not, then I want to operate a bookshop and kick out anyone who reads the whole book before (or not) buying. I see that crap at Chapters - people lounging in chairs and reading away, never buying what they read.

Ones I'm working on are making a living commentating over gaming videos and convincing people to give me money for my stories.
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Pet sitter :)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I actually do -- I own a photography business that specialized in lifestyle portraiture and weddings. Only thing I wish I had was a huge loft space with character and huge windows with lots of natural light.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    my husband and i are on a five year plan to take over my parents pool and spa service company. i grew up with it and i love it. we have great guys working for us and a great customers. we've been in business for over 35 years and are considered one of the top pool/spa service and repair companies in our area.

so thats the business i would own :)
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I would love to own a small boutique. The kind where I personally pick the clothes and stuff. I love clothes. My long term goal/dream once I finish with school and am financially stable is to travel the world volunteering.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I currently own 2, a small manufacturing company that makes small inspirational and motivational pewter gift items, AND I do permanent Make-up, which is my dream job, after the financial melt down it was hard to make this full time anymore, and now with other other business I don't have time to grow the one I love. Anyone want to buy the Manufacturing company??
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Private investigations/protection/security. I've been a copper for 26 years. Too messed up to do anything else!
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    A publishing company :) I love love love love love books
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I would like to own a patisserie/cafe in Brighton that had a mini library for guests to choose a book to read whilst they're there and it'd have great authors doing readings in the evening and a full liquor license because all great authors need alcohol. :laugh:
  • abrandnewme18
    Options
    Dana's Delicious Donuts.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Bar/Pool Hall/ Hooka Bar