Ideas for healthy cheat foods

Options

Replies

• Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    Skinny cow Ice cream or an apple with nutella ( taste just like chocolate) it's the bomb with strawberries and all sorts of fruit
  • TheShrinkingKween
    TheShrinkingKween Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am needing some ideas for a sugary/chocolate fix. I don't want to ruin my diet because I have been doing so good lately but I am human and get the craving for some treat every now and then. What do you go to when you get the craving for chocolate or goodies that are not on the plan?

I have an Atkins chocolate chip granola bar just about every day! They take care of the sweet hankerings, and they are good for you. 200 Calories and 16 grams of protein with 3 net carbs!
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Chia Pudding. Great tasting and extremely healthy. Throw some fresh raspberries or strawberries on top and you're in business.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I am needing some ideas for a sugary/chocolate fix. I don't want to ruin my diet because I have been doing so good lately but I am human and get the craving for some treat every now and then. What do you go to when you get the craving for chocolate or goodies that are not on the plan?

You could always check out www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com. She offers a lot of recipes for healthier versions of brownies, cakes, pies, etc.
  • Etienne54
    Etienne54 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My protein whey powder is chocolate flavored and I add 1-2 TPS of Peanut butter in it.. and BAM! Chocolate crazy gone! and it's delicious. (part of my post work-out meal)
  • racheal9
    racheal9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So I read somewhere that cinnamon is good to curb a sweet tooth because it tricks your brain into thinking you ate sweets. I don't know how legit that is, but it seems to work for me. A piece of whole grain toast with PB and cinnamon, sprinkle some onto greek yogurt, or dice some apples, cook them in a sauce pan, and sprinkle cinnamon on top. It might be placebo effect, but any of those will usually satisfy my sweet tooth. Except maybe the PB, but I'm pretty addicted to peanut butter so that's a different thing altogether...
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Someone suggested vegetables for a sugary/chocolate fix? Where they do that at?
    I'm with the person who said just have one hersheys kiss if you absolutely MUST have something
    I would go with a frozen fruit or raw fruit
    My personal preference is coffee with a tablespoon of some flavored creamer but thats just me because Im addicated to coffee, a lot of times it has helped me stay away from the chocolate ice cream or chocolate anything...weird I know...but it works for me.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    skinny cow icecream sandwiches, mcdonalds fruit parfait, fruit, 100 calorie cookie and cracker packs, gogurt
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Protein shake or protein bar. Or one of those delicious 90 calories fiber one brownies. Probably not the healthiest, but it could be way worse.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    85% or 90% chocolate with natural peanut butter. :heart:
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    if I am going to call it a "cheat" its going to be something I really shouldn't otherwise have (actual ice cream. pizza/coke). and even then I only count it as "cheating" if I have gone above my calorie goals.

I do however have TREATS every day, which i don't see the same thing. Usually it's a square or two of Dove chocolate.

If you are looking for healthy things that are super yummy... omg frozen fruit, heated up and drizzled over yogurt is so good you will think you are cheating. The frozen fruit, with nothing added to it, no sugar or anything, when you heat it gets all syrupy *drools*. If you have some room in your calorie budget for a little granola crunch, add that over the top. or some crushed nuts. yeah, i'm havin this tonight!
  • aikasm
    aikasm Posts: 63
    Options
    chocolate-dipped coconut Luna bar

half an Orowheat sandwich thin roll toasted, with some I.M. Healthy chocolate soynut butter spread on top, topped with a sliced up strawberry

Fiber One 80 calorie chocolate cereal with some almond milk

Plain greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey and fresh blueberries

just some ideas :)
  • jeremyheadrick
    Options
    1/3 of a cup of coconut milk with two teaspoons of unsweetened powdered cocoa and sweeten with truvia or sweetener. Make sure to open the can of coconut milk sits overnight in the fridge. My wife and I always open a can of coconut milk and put it in a tupperware container. it tastes like chocolate mousse!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i have this a lot as breakfast, a snack, dessert
    1/2 cup quick oats cooked on 1 cup water
    1/2 scoop to a scoop of chocolate protein powder
    sometimes i add in pb2 as well

or oatmeal with maple syrup and pb2 is tasty as well

check out chocolatecoveredkatie.com, she has some awesome snack/desserts that aren't bad, theres a recipe for homemade lara bars that look delish. i am going to try and make the girl scout samoa one that she has posted, sounds very tasty

plain greek yogurt with cocoa powder is tasty too

or a cookie dough quest bar nuked 30 seconds with pb on top
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    chocolate-dipped coconut Luna bar

half an Orowheat sandwich thin roll toasted, with some I.M. Healthy chocolate soynut butter spread on top, topped with a sliced up strawberry

Fiber One 80 calorie chocolate cereal with some almond milk

Plain greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey and fresh blueberries

just some ideas :)

i had no idea they made a chocolate soynut butter. omg where have i been i never see it in the stores! i must find this
  • mondaygirl7
    mondaygirl7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like a teaspoon of "Peanut butter and Co Dark Chocolate dreams (chocolate peanut butter ) , about 30 calories per teaspoon.

I also like those Special K protein snack bars, chocolate delight flavor. 110 calories

And if I'm really craving Chocolate A LOT , I will spread a teaspoon of the chocolate peanut butter onto the Special K snack bar. lol

When I do have these treats, I make sure to add them into my allowed calories and then I don't feel guilty !
  • brassballa
    brassballa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered banana frozen covered in organic shredded coconut
  • gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options

No necessarily healthy ;), but it is chocolaty ~ I like the sugar free fudgesicles, 40 calories a pop.

I

this is what eat for my chocolate cravings !!! :)
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Do 'x' calories of exercise.

Look at the ingredients of a 'sports recovery' product.
    Read an article about how sat fat is actually good for you.

Eat whatever the hell you want that comes in at or under 'x' calories... your body will probably be the better for it overall :).
  • johnnyrotten71
    Options

Your phrase "healthy cheat food" is kind of an oxymoron. If it's healthy, it's not cheating. And if it's cheating, it's probably not healthy.