Simple Smootie's

Options
Hey guys,

So I bought myself a Magic Bullet and am ready to start juicing and smoothing ;)
I love making smooties with blueberries and banana's, but I'd love some other ideas.

The main reason I make them each day is to upp my daily dose of fruits, and also to stop the urge to eat sweets. I have emptied out the house and gotten rid of all unhealthy snacks, and replaced them with snacks that are low calorie, high fibre, and low sugar, sodium, and fat. So I really have got no option but to eat healthy at home now. Though I do lack some recipes to keep things interesting.

I like to keep my recipes simpel and not to expensive or a million ingredients :)

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    FRUIT FOR THE DAY SMOOTHIE

1 can of Mandarin Oranges (including syrup)
    2 frozen bananas, peeled & sliced
    2 cups frozen strawberries
    1 1/2 cups milk

Add all ingredients in the order listed above to the blender. Be sure to hold down the lid and blend on low speed for 30 seconds. Then blend on high speed for 1 minute.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    DELICIOUS FRUIT SMOOTHIE

1 cup of Frozen Strawberries or Raspberries
    1 1/2 cups of Orange Juice
    1 tsp. Vanilla
    1/4 cup Plain yogurt

Put in a blender and blend till smooth.
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    DELICIOUS FRUIT SMOOTHIE

1 cup of Frozen Strawberries or Raspberries
    1 1/2 cups of Orange Juice
    1 tsp. Vanilla
    1/4 cup Plain yogurt

Put in a blender and blend till smooth.

Love the sound of this one!
    Though I dont like plain yoghurt so I might just add my vanilla yoghurt instead,
    and ofcourse then I would not add any extra vanilla.

Thanks!
  • FearAndTrembling
    Options
    You need greens. I also have a nutribullet and love it. Spinach, broccoli, banana, strawberries and blueberries with water or OJ. Pretty decent. Not the best thing you ever tasted, but definitely drinkable. I'm not really in it for the taste anyway. Usual way to do it is half greens and half fruit.
  • shadowlydarkness
    Options
    For me taste is very important because I use the smooties to replace my snacks with so if they dont taste amazing then I will go snacking 5 minutes later :(

But besides the spinach and broccoli that sounds yummy :)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    The mandarin orange one sounds yummy...but that syrup is pure sugar. And this smoothie is at least three servings....high in calories. Enjoy...but be aware!
  • FearAndTrembling
    Options
    If you want a sweet tasting juice, I do one apple about 5 carrots and 3 strawberries in my juicer. tastes great. Another good one is orange, banana, apple. Fruits have a lot of sugar though.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Today I did 1 cup of chocolate almond milk, 2 Tbsp. PB2 chocolate powder, 1 medium banana, 3/4 c. of plain greek yogurt, and 1 pack of stevia in the raw.
  • sweetpea101077
    sweetpea101077 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    They say 50% fruit, 50% veggies. So we do:

2 cups spinach
    1/4 cup goji berrie
    1/4 of an orange WITH ZEST
    1,5 cups of mixed berries (cherries, blackberries, pomegranate and raspberries)
    1/4-1/2 tsp of stevia
    1 heaping teaspoon flax seeds

Optional add (hubby adds it)
    1 mini cucumber
    1/3 of a banana (makes it more smooth)

It's not fruit filled, but you are getting some healthy veggies
  • shadowlydarkness
    Options
    If you want a sweet tasting juice, I do one apple about 5 carrots and 3 strawberries in my juicer. tastes great. Another good one is orange, banana, apple. Fruits have a lot of sugar though.

Yummy I'm going to try that one!
    My Magic Bullet is only small and wont fit in that much, but I'm sure I can play around with the quantities.

I have got a recipe myself that only comes to 150 cals per serving (banana, blueberries, light milk, and ice cubes)
    And seeing as the sugar in it is fruit/natural I dont look at that to much. I think the benefits of adding more fruits to my diet outweigh the increase in this type of sugar. Also because the rest of my diet is pretty low in sugar anyway.
  • shadowlydarkness
    Options
    They say 50% fruit, 50% veggies. So we do:

2 cups spinach
    1/4 cup goji berrie
    1/4 of an orange WITH ZEST
    1,5 cups of mixed berries (cherries, blackberries, pomegranate and raspberries)
    1/4-1/2 tsp of stevia
    1 heaping teaspoon flax seeds

Optional add (hubby adds it)
    1 mini cucumber
    1/3 of a banana (makes it more smooth)

It's not fruit filled, but you are getting some healthy veggies

Interesting.... Might give that a go to!

What are flex seeds for again?
  • kstew678
    kstew678 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am not sure about the broccoli but the spinach believe it or not does not have a taste in the mix of the other stuff. I am in Atlanta and Arden's Garden has a drink they call the spinach slam, it is my favorite. I think it has 2 cups of spinach, 1 cup of mango and 1 cup of pineapple. I love it so much I purchased a vitamix blender today so I can make it at home.
  • shadowlydarkness
    Options
    I am not sure about the broccoli but the spinach believe it or not does not have a taste in the mix of the other stuff. I am in Atlanta and Arden's Garden has a drink they call the spinach slam, it is my favorite. I think it has 2 cups of spinach, 1 cup of mango and 1 cup of pineapple. I love it so much I purchased a vitamix blender today so I can make it at home.

Yummy, I love pineapple, but I cant stad mango... Will try and replace that with maybe something else?
  • marieskee
    marieskee Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Haha I thought I was alone! I call it the dollar tree smoothie because for three bucks and some change I get the frozen mangoes, spinach, and pineapples. This smoothie is amazing and gives me plenty of energy!
  • Moviegal77
    Moviegal77 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    One of my fav's:

8 oz of almond milk
    1 banana
    sprinkle nutmeg

Use frozen banana's to make a frothy smoothie. I have this every morning, plus you can experiment, this morning I added some frozen strawberries for a banana/strawberry smoothing.
  • shadowlydarkness
    Options
    Thanks for all the yummy recipes guys!
  • missyfit90deleted
    missyfit90deleted Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    strawberry
    apple
    banana
    lemonade
    greek yogurt
    chia seeds
  • shadowlydarkness
    Options
    strawberry
    apple
    banana
    lemonade
    greek yogurt
    chia seeds

yummy
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    1 banana
    1 serving yogurt
    1 serving frozen fruit
    1 cup water

Use different flavors of yogurt and fruit to mix it up.

strawberry yogurt + frozen strawberries
    vanilla yogurt + frozen mixed berries
    peach yogurt + frozen mango, peach, pineapple mix

Super easy, yummy & low fat.

:wink:
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Dessert smoothie

One cup milk (your choice 2%,nonfat, coconut, etc)
    2 scoops vanilla whey
    2 tbls peanut utter
    1 tbls fudge topping or syrup
    Ice

Blend and enjoy