What was YOUR NSV today?!

Options

Replies

• sweetslover22
    sweetslover22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :happy: My nsv today or this week would being no longer look bad in yoga pants :happy: :happy: and I have more energy then I ever had :smile:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    ran my fastest 5k, 10 days to go before first marathon...you people are legendary. love this thread.
  • katpatoneill
    katpatoneill Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Went down a belt loop- didn't see that coming! I mean, according to MFP I only lost a pound, but this is after shedding 15ish other pounds beforehand and now I FINALLY lost enough for people to notice and my jeans to need belts and for my belts to have notches and to go down! :)
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    What a great topic for discussion!

My NSV today --I dropped my kids off to their before school care (I have to be at work by 8 am) and as I was walking out, wearing my new 2 sizes SMALLER pants and shirt, the gym teacher said, oh look at this skinny girl! I told her that I've lost almost 40 lbs and she said "WOW!". I will NEVER get tired of hearing that reaction...EVER.

P.S. Not by any means am I "skinny", but I am smaller than I was 3 1/2 months ago. I, however, do NOT view myself as skinny ....YET!

Great job everyone! I love the NSVs..they are great motivators to keep working hard
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've had two pregnancies in three years. I've had a lot of back/leg/hip pain as a result. I've started exercising recently, and I think it's helping: I went to the mall with my kids, hubby, and mom in law, and while everyone else complained they hurt after all the walking, I felt great! Yay!
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    ran my fastest 5k, 10 days to go before first marathon...you people are legendary. love this thread.

Good luck on your upcoming first marathon!

Today the grocery store at the corner didn't have the vegetables I wanted, so I walked 5 blocks to the next one. 3 months ago I would have used the car.
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    My whole day.

Went to a workshop with a friend who is very heavy and her mom. NEITHER has seen me since January. Neither said a word about my weight loss, but I didn't care.

Lunch was served. I had a green salad, small portion of ramen noodle salad and a bite each of apple cake and brownie. Didn't want more.

Fitting in the chairs comfortably. Realizing I'm now one of the average size people in the room. Felt good.

Came home. Had no plans to work out. I'd given myself the option of the day off, as it was a long day. But I got in 42 minutes of cardio AND strength training. Because I wanted to.

It was a good day.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    - woke up early and got myself pretty and to work on time

- was super productive at work

- came home early and went on 8.25 mile run
  • abrandnewme18
    Options
    nothing, i just ate a ton of food today :(
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I asked my hubby to take some progress pics of me tonight. He said "Dang you look like you lost 50 lbs!".

Awesome NSV!
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I love reading these. They are so much better & more meaningful than numbers.

~ I wore a slinky-knit top that had been too tight for a few years. It is one of the few nice tops I kept. It now fits with a little room to spare!

~ Wearing an old t-shirt, thinking it is too big & baggy to wear anymore and remembering how it was too small to wear just a few months ago.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I killed my workout today, and now my legs feel funny. I like it when my legs feel funny.
  • bettiff
    bettiff Posts: 1
    Options
    Great JOB hope I can do just as well. Keep it up
  • Jami_A
    Jami_A Posts: 19
    Options
    NSV for me was that I completed day 10 of great eating & eating all of my meals from home (Minus 2). This is a big deal for me as I am used to eating out daily. And I chose not to go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for dinner. That is a really big deal for me. lol
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Put on my short little leather jacket and realized it now zippers all the way up, with room!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

omg Thats AWESOME!! Good luck on your first marathon!!! :drinker:
  • ndriedger
    ndriedger Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That the workout I started with, is pretty much just a warmup now. Had to get a new DVD or two. I run at lunch, and pretty much whenever I can scored a few hours away from my crib midget. But for when I can't , rocking out an DVD in the living room is where I turn. I usually do an easier one after I do one that challenges me. :)
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    My whole day.

Went to a workshop with a friend who is very heavy and her mom. NEITHER has seen me since January. Neither said a word about my weight loss, but I didn't care.

Lunch was served. I had a green salad, small portion of ramen noodle salad and a bite each of apple cake and brownie. Didn't want more.

Fitting in the chairs comfortably. Realizing I'm now one of the average size people in the room. Felt good.

Came home. Had no plans to work out. I'd given myself the option of the day off, as it was a long day. But I got in 42 minutes of cardio AND strength training. Because I wanted to.

It was a good day.

Realizing that you are no longer the biggest person in the room....Feeling NORMAL...Is an amazing feeling! I remember getting the same feeling a few weeks ago! :flowerforyou:
  • tracimorris
    Options
    This evening I saw someone I haven't seen in a couple of months. She told me to eat a sandwich! Made my day!!! :love:
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Someone at they gym told Me to go shopping, "Your pants are falling the hell off"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!