Minneapolis restaurants -- what is YOUR favorite?

Options
ericadawn92
ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
Any other Minneapolis residents out there?!

This city has SOOO many wonderful places to eat, but I know I've only scratched the surface in my own foodie adventures.

For anyone who lives here or who has just visited, what are you favorite places to go? (healthy or not...although I do like healthy things :D)

And does anyone know of any good specifically vegan or vegetarian restaurants? I'm trying to incorporate fewer animal products in my diet, and it's always difficult when eating out!

In case any of YOU want suggestions, my all time favorite restaurant (maybe anywhere in the US) is Chino Latino in Uptown. If you're ever in Minneapolis YOU MUST GO THERE. Soooo delicious. Burger Jones, Joe's Garage, the Uptown Cafeteria, Mai Thai (I think that's what it's called), Crave, and Annie's Parlour (in Dinkytown near the UMN campus) are other favorites :D

Replies

• AteATomata
    AteATomata Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    http://www.vegguide.org/region/13 is a great resource for vegetarian restaurants in different cities.

My favorite vegetarian and vegetarian friendly restaurants are:

Seward Cafe - veg friendly. Coop restaurant
    Hard Times Cafe - all veg. Coop restaurant
    The Ecopolitan - all raw food & vegan. In Uptown. Count on waiting for at least an hour since they have very slow service.
    True Thai - The best Thai food! Very reasonable prices, too. They can add tofu or mock duck to any dish.
  • johnp1732
    johnp1732 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Savoy's --- incredible pizza --- which is odd now since i can't really have it.

Lion's Tap burgers are good, I'll have them anytime.

But my favorite is Davanni's. MUST have that when my family comes up there to visit other family.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Been to the Twin Cities once and there was a place called Matt's Bar where they served the Juicy Lucy. Absolutely delicious!
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about Chiang Mai Thai? That place is my favorite restaurant ever. I used to live in Minneapolis and I make a point of going there every time I visit. I usually hit Matt's Bar, Purple Onion, and if I've got lots of money to burn, Lucia's. And I'll second Hard Times for good veg food. I haven't lived there in years though, so I'm sure there are many new restaurants that I still need to try.
  • ericadawn92
    Options
    Are you talking about Chiang Mai Thai? That place is my favorite restaurant ever. I used to live in Minneapolis and I make a point of going there every time I visit. I usually hit Matt's Bar, Purple Onion, and if I've got lots of money to burn, Lucia's. And I'll second Hard Times for good veg food. I haven't lived there in years though, so I'm sure there are many new restaurants that I still need to try.

Yes! Chiang Mai Thai was what I was referring to!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys :) Yeah, I've been to Hard Times once (since it's practically on campus) but it's not really a sit-down restaurant to go to with family.

I've decided to check out Galactic Pizza in Uptown -- pizza and pasta that's made with all organic/local ingredients and almost everything can be made vegetarian/vegan/gluten free! I'm super excited cause their menu looks delicious!
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Any one know of a resteraunt that has reasonable size portions?
  • ericadawn92
    Options
    Any one know of a resteraunt that has reasonable size portions?

My theory with restaurants and portions is: you don't want to eat it all, bring the rest home. I'd rather get a lot of food and have two meals out of it then pay a bunch of money for a tiny plate that I could have made for half the price at home.
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I really like Baker's Square for their cake of course :p (before I started my lifestyle change). Though they do have healthier food :)

LOS OCAMPOS (I think it's spelled) <3 I haven't been in the restaurant physically but I was brought food from there. It's on Chicago and Lake (I know not a good spot to be :/)

I do like chinese food. There's a good buffet one located in St. Louis Park that's at the Knollwood mall back by Target and Big Lots (They have sushi :) )

I have heard Maynards is good, have yet to go (I believe it's in Minnetonka? Could be in Excelsior)

OH A good Ice cream place is Adele's :) It's by Lake Minnetonka