Options
    Hi Friends,
    3 pounds this week :happy:
    total 19.5 since oct 8
    nat :flowerforyou:

CONGRATS TO ALL :bigsmile:
  • Furpaws
    Options
    10 pounds total since starting in October.
  • prrizza425
    prrizza425 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've lost 17 lbs
  • Counting50
    Options
    2 lbs in 2 weeks - 48 to go. So about these plateaus...I seem to have a permanent one! Since Sept. 07 I've been at 1200 cal a day and working out every day (Curves, high impact aerobics, walking up to 15 km a day) and have lost only 5 lbs. I've been working out and dieting religiously for a year now and have managed only 15 lbs. Any suggestions?
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Recheck your calories counting50. When I hit my plateau I felt like I was doing all the right things but until I recalculated my calories I didn't budge. You might be surprised.

eve
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,012 Member
    Options
    Counting50 -

Yeah, Eve started eating more by a couple hundred calories and broke through her plateau. I was stuck at 173-172 for four weeks. It can be frustrating.

I started really watching my sodium, doing different workouts at different times of day. I heard a trainer say the term "muscle confusion" and it made sense to me. Doing the same exercise day in and day out trains the same muscles and they become very efficient and he said you need to use different muscles. Like try a recumbent bike, kickboxing, salsa dancing, yoga, anything you haven't been doing.

Don't give up - eventually you'll get results.

~Cheryl
  • daba
    daba Posts: 5
    Options
    cmriverside is absolutely right, if you do one cardio exercise consistently the same your body becomes very efficient at that exercise thus making it burn less calories. try interval training (where you mix sprints into slow paced cardio) it burns tons of calories.
  • nuttey
    nuttey Posts: 10
    Options
    since i started end October - 10 pounds
  • webebeer
    Options
    4 weeks in...... lost 7.4lbs.......
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    22 down with maybe 18 to go.

Will be checking out a clinic my doc recommended when I get close to 180 to see what my actual ideal weight should be around. I like to think I've gained a little muscle weight with the exercising too, so net fat loss might be better than the scale output :)
  • bowling_king_82
    bowling_king_82 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    13 POUNDS AND COUNTING
  • spoon1
    Options
    Update- add another 7 pound Bigdane
    That's a total of 80# so far This is a good idea
    Keep it going
  • spoon1
    Options
    ooops
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    17 lbs since joining in October

Can we get a running tally and add each new entry to it so we can see the enormous group weight loss?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,012 Member
    Options
    17 lbs since joining in October

Can we get a running tally and add each new entry to it so we can see the enormous group weight loss?

Yeah, "Make it so, ariannedavis!" Good idea. (this is a thread started by one of us - the tallies are in the previous posts) Add 'em up!
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Sorry MFP's I've been very busy at work and at home. Here is the new tally 836.4 LBS !!! Wow
    Lets keep it up were stronger together.
    way to go MFP's
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    That's AMAZING! Good work everybody! Let's try to break 100 by the new year (I'll commit to at least 5lbs more) but maybe more members posting could help too:laugh:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Another 2.4 lbs total tally for the site 838.8 lbs You all rock!
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone let's try to break 1000 lbs. I lost another 2 pounds bringing us to 840.8 lbs. Come MFP's we can do this.