candles that smell like food

Options
Do they curb your cravings or enhance your hunger?

Replies

• doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    They make me nauseous. Totally kill my appetite.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    they dont do anything.............
    i have mint chocolate chip ones
    though
  • sidkrose
    sidkrose Posts: 35
    Options
    I find they all smell very chemically. Anything that's supposed to smell like a baked good smells awful to me, but some people like them. I think if you like them they would probably NOT help your cravings. Wouldn't smelling a cupcake make you want to eat it? It would for me ;)
  • cmcis
    cmcis Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Overall they won't have any effect. However, if I'm hungry the candles that smell like gingerbread will increase my cravings for sweets. Therefore, its something that I tend to avoid.
  • bigdgeek
    bigdgeek Posts: 88
    Options
    I don't have them because they make me want cupcakes. I burn ones that smell like flowers instead.
  • mrsbiscuit
    Options
    Those are my favorite :) -- but they don't have any effect on cravings for me.
  • bigdgeek
    bigdgeek Posts: 88
    Options
    I don't have them because they make me want cupcakes. I burn ones that smell like flowers instead.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    well i dont think i ever want to eat a candle

so I would say that they are less than appetizing and no they do not make me hungry
  • kutterba
    kutterba Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I cannot buy candles that smell like food - they make me salivate and crave to eat! I have candles to make my house smell good & not smell like food!
    :wink:
    K
  • triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Once I smelled one that really looked and smelled like a cupcake...it had sprinkles and all! I really wanted a cupcake at that moment, but the apple-cinnamon or vanilla type candles don't give me cravings.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I don't even like the smell of food that smells like food. If the air is saturated with it, that kills my appetite, unless it's the smell of soup, that will make me want bowls full.
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    i have a Pineapple Mango candle from Bath and Body Works. It smells SOOO good!