2 inches in two weeks!

Options
I bought a dress a size too small thinking I had more time to fit into it. Any ideas on how to lose 2 inches in two weeks? It's my and my husbands 14 years together celebration. Bought this great dress but I don't think I'm gonna fit into it by July 31st. I excercise almost every day, so please, any tips welcome!!!

Replies

• fozzy33
    fozzy33 Posts: 72
    Options
    Workout! But DONT overdue it with Cardio....You should do no more than 20 minutes of cardio per day 5 days a week. I workout an hour an a half 5 days a week and only 20 minutes of it are cardio the rest is strength training (Free weights, weighted bar, pushups, etc)

When you do weights your body continues to burn calories up to 72 hours after the original workout.....when you do cardio your burning the calories only at the time your doing it when you stop the calorie burn stops. I can not tell people enough...weights weights weights!

Michelle
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Workout! But DONT overdue it with Cardio....You should do no more than 20 minutes of cardio per day 5 days a week. I workout an hour an a half 5 days a week and only 20 minutes of it are cardio the rest is strength training (Free weights, weighted bar, pushups, etc)

When you do weights your body continues to burn calories up to 72 hours after the original workout.....when you do cardio your burning the calories only at the time your doing it when you stop the calorie burn stops. I can not tell people enough...weights weights weights!

Michelle

On the contrary!! Perhaps you should NOT advise people to only do 20 minutes of cardio per day, please read the following.

This is from a medical website that has done significant research on calories used up durin and after exercise:

Q: Is it true that your body continues to burn extra calories for 12 hours after you've worked out?

A: Yes. "After vigorous exercise, we've seen caloric expenditure increase for up to 48 hours," says exercise physiologist Tom R. Thomas, Ph.D., director of the exercise physiology program at the University of Missouri in Columbia. The longer and harder you work out, the greater the post-workout metabolism increase and the longer it lasts. Subjects in Thomas' research burned 600-700 calories during one hour of running at about 80 percent of their maximum heart rate. During the next 48 hours, they burned about 15 percent more calories -- 90-105 extra -- than they otherwise would have. About 75 percent of the post-workout metabolism increase occurs in the first 1 2 hours after exercise, according to Thomas.

Weight training does not appear to offer as significant a post-workout metabolism increase as intense aerobic exercise, Thomas says, probably because of the rest between sets. A number of studies suggest that, after a 45-minute weight-training session -- three sets of 10 reps per exercise -- resting metabolic rate is increased for 60-90 minutes, burning an extra 20-50 calories. However, keep in mind that strength training is an excellent way to boost your resting metabolic rate (the number of calories your body burns at rest). While aerobics appears to offer more of a post-workout spike in metabolism, strength training enables you to develop muscle mass, which, in turn, increases metabolism overall

Therefore, I will continue to do my treadmill, for an hour at a time and lose my weight and inches :smile: