Supportive UK friends

Options
2»

Replies

• alichristiana
    alichristiana Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm English and trying to just eat more healthily to lose weight, will be wanting to get the occasional exercise but not going overboard on it!
    I take supplements (when I remember)to help with iron deficiency and just boost me overall, but thats about it.
    Add me if you like!
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lyn9pt6e4y1r05723o1_250.gif
  • notadog
    notadog Posts: 1
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. I'm from Wales and have been using the app for 3 months as a part of lifestyle change along with joining a gym. I've dropped 29lb so far eating nothing but food. No shakes/bars here!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add :flowerforyou:

At the moment I take about 2 proper meals and x3 protein shakes with maybe a snack daily as I'm on a cut :bigsmile:
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from Norfolk and 28 - so similar age. I have over 100lbs to lose, although I would be happy with just getting another 75lbs down. I've already lost 45lbs since January through changing my diet (but not eliminating everything) and eating clean and healthy, as well as going to the gym 3-4 times a week and walking everyday. I no longer drink alcohol or eat much junk food - swapped normal chocolate for flavoured dark chocolate which I love! I have one piece everyday and takes that craving away. I've also swapped snacks such as crisps for things like wheat pretzels and nuts.

Feel free to add me :)
  • riggsy81
    riggsy81 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im from near Manchester and also looking for some support. Ive added some but feel free to add me..

I've just found out how to open up my diary for all to see too :)
  • Serhansom
    Options
    I'm from Ipswich, feel free to add me
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    There's a whole group of supportive Brits on MFP :bigsmile:

Checkout http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/150-team-uk :drinker:
  • Humbugsftw
    Humbugsftw Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Living in London here! Add me, I am eating FAIRLY clean and working out at least 4 times a week.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    21, Scottish, work as a Personal Trainer, feel free to add me :)
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    Yet another Scotland person here! Have sent you an FR.
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm from Sheffield and log everyday feel free to add me xx
  • Iron_Pheonix
    Iron_Pheonix Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm from Worcestershire, I'm a personal trainer and nutritionist. Feel free to add me- please leave a note introducing yourself :)
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck in your fat loss and lifestyle goals...

I do take supplements to ensure I get the right nutrients at the right time for my body but just to be clear, suppliments are there to 'suppliment' a healthy diet... Not to replace a healthy diet. I do not promote any use of supplements but everybody is different and depending on your individual situation and your goals supplements can play a very important role for lots of different reasons. The key thing is to assess what your body needs and look at what you eat and how you get it, if there are gaps then supplements are there to help fill those gaps... Nothing else and nothing more! I do not promote the use of supplements as a meal replacement or in place of real food etc. Let's face it... Real food tastes much better! :wink:

Hi and thank you for the post, I agree that supplements can be used to help with those gaps in your overall diet but unfortunately I have come across several that are seemingly doing things all wrong. I know I'm far from an expert and I'm only just learning the basics by way of simple portion control but it does concern me when I see some of 'their' diets.

Sometimes its hard to judge other people's diets if you don't know their full story, but when supplements become someone's entire diet on a regular basis then there is definitely a problem.

I eat a comparatively healthy and whole diet with three good meals a day but I also work out 5-6 days a week (heavy lifting 3x a week and circuits or cardio 2-4x a week) and I love my pre- or post-workout protein shakes. It's a much better reward than a chocolate bar!
  • reachingforthemoon
    Options
    Feel Free to add me, I am in Hertfordshire and want to live on 'real' food, i'm finding it hard but I'm working through it :)