Full even below 1200 calories

Options
I'm feeling full before I reach my 1200 calorie goal. Iv not been eating right for years and had days of eating nothing then binging. Now I'm trying to train myself to 3 meals a day. Especially breakfast. But I'm still feeling full before I eat my evening meal. I know this sounds daft. But why is this?
No harsh comments I'm new to this and still learning!
Thanks
Em

Replies

• HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Just warning you now your gonna get a lot of people ranting at you for this but I understand what you mean I was eating around 400 cals in food an 2000 in sweets crips ECt so when eating proper food it's hard to make 1200 ... I make sure I have a few glasses of milk 1 glass is 100 cals I also have a few slices of cheese to to make up my cals x
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    Just warning you now your gonna get a lot of people ranting at you for this but I understand what you mean I was eating around 400 cals in food an 2000 in sweets crips ECt so when eating proper food it's hard to make 1200 ... I make sure I have a few glasses of milk 1 glass is 100 cals I also have a few slices of cheese to to make up my cals x I get protein shakes for breakfast sometimes or the slim fast ones because I don't eat it but I'm learning to x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yesterday you ate 500 calories....

i have absoultely no idea how you werent hungry enough to gnaw off your own arm after just a banana and cup of tea for breakfast....
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    yesterday you ate 500 calories....

i have absoultely no idea how you werent hungry enough to gnaw off your own arm after just a banana and cup of tea for breakfast....

I was the same it's all about your metabolism isant it now I eat loads I'm hungry all the time but when I didn't eat hardly anything it was making me sick to force myself to eat but I did it u have to brake past it or your never gonna lose weight x
  • emmajane2211
    emmajane2211 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm like I feel sick of I eat when I feel full and im under the impression that if your full you shouldn't eat anymore! . What shall I do just stick at it?
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eating small, high-calorie foods like nuts. I don't know what times you're having food, but you could try having lunch earlier if it's close to when you have dinner, or have dinner later.

I was also reading the other day that concentrating doesn't burn calories but makes you really hungry. Try doing Sudukos all day :P
  • sadyel
    sadyel Posts: 250
    Options
    things like nuts, peanut butter etc. can top up your calories with out eating loads of it to be too full
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Forget all the weight watchers and low fat products and eat full fat versions and you'll hit your calorie goal no problem most days without eating more.

A tablespoon of peanut butter is 90 cals, have that with your banana. Use full fat milk in your drinks. Drink fruit juice. There are lots of ways to boost calories without eating lots more bulk.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat breakfast or lunch, then a pkt of cookies and then dinner, and felt like crap

NOTE TO SELF: When I eat like crap, I feel like crap

I changed my eating habits

I now have breakfast,lunch and dinnner with snacks

I start off with a banana for breakfast and moved on for there

take it slow

and try some high cal healthly foods, nuts advo etc
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Forget all the weight watchers and low fat products and eat full fat versions and you'll hit your calorie goal no problem most days without eating more.

A tablespoon of peanut butter is 90 cals, have that with your banana. Use full fat milk in your drinks. Drink fruit juice. There are lots of ways to boost calories without eating lots more bulk.

Low fat foods are full of crap and more likely make you gain weight, make good choices but eat what you want if you stay within your calorie intake.

As a fyi i eat 2200 calories a day (ok i am a man, taller, heavier etc) but i use my TDEE - a 20% deficit and im losing 2ish lbs of fat a week and the inches are flying off. I pretty much eat what i want within reason healthy choices lots of protein and i cut out the fizzy drinks.

It's amazing what a bit of hard work and dedication will do. Also make sure you track everything that 1 biscuit, bag of crisps those handful of nuts everything adds up
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Shoot me for asking this question but, how did you get to be overweight if you're full below 1,200 calories?
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    That's what I'm like I feel sick of I eat when I feel full and im under the impression that if your full you shouldn't eat anymore! . What shall I do just stick at it?

That's all I did just keep eating to full your cals an macros and you will get there x
  • surreygirl23
    surreygirl23 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This is a big problem for me too. I've just plugged in what I intend to eat today and it's come up at 715 calls! I know this isn't nearly enough, so I'm going to have a full fat latte in a minute, add a slice of bacon to my 2-egg omelette for lunch, and a handful of walnuts and a 5ml spoon of olive oil to my grilled salmon and salad tonight. That's put me up to 1000 cals - healthily.

I'll also have a small bowl of natural greek yoghurt with a handful of pumpkin seeds and 5ml of maple syrup as a snack mid afternoon and a small banana mid evening - et voila! 1200 cals!

Never eat a cookie to get extra calories, there are so many more healthy options. Even a few cubes of cheese and olives makes a fab snack that's good for you and will clock up around 270 cals for 100g.
  • emmajane2211
    emmajane2211 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Shoot me for asking this question but, how did you get to be overweight if you're full below 1,200 calories?

I used to binge eat and then have days of doing not eating. No exercise. And I'd eat the wrong stuff too.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options

I used to binge eat and then have days of doing not eating. No exercise. And I'd eat the wrong stuff too.

Would it be a possibility to add some higher calorie foods into your diet to balance it out? I am supposed to eat 1,800 calories but I can't eat 1,800 calories worth of nutrient dense foods, so I just add some less healthy things that are a bit higher in calories, or even healthier, high calorie options like nuts, avocado, eggs.

Or: since I also have a hard time eating breakfast, I now make shakes/smoothies. They're easily 400 calories and they're easy to just down in the morning :)
  • hammomh
    hammomh Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am the same, I don't try to meet my 1200 calorie goal which MFP has generated for me. From what I log I eat around 600-800 a day, occasionally go up to around 1000 on weekends but that is all.

I will eat only when I am hungry, I don't pay attention to how many calories are in the food, I eat healthy foods which I enjoy.

I say if your not hungry, don't force yourself to eat just to meet a certain number. If you are hungry, then eat. If you want to eat 1200 a day then eat higher calorie foods if that is what you are wanting to do, but just see how you feel. No point forcing yourself to eat a certain way if doesn't make you happy. Could always give it a go, and your appetite might increase :)
  • Blinx99
    Blinx99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    if you are finding that you are full and your body is not missing out on the essential vitamins etc then that is excellent, great work for getting your body trained up properly

Wish I was there!

BUT.... if you are working out regularly you need to make sure you have the right balance diet to ensure your body doesnt suffer

WELL DONE :)
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    No point forcing yourself to eat a certain way if doesn't make you happy.

What if it makes you healthy?

I don't 'want' to eat healthy foods, I want to eat junk and fatty stuff, that makes me happy, it will also kill me the same way your 600 calorie a day diet could do for you.
  • luisatrimboli
    Options
    You may find that your diet is high in protien which makes you feel fuller than if you ate a high carb diet. I find that eating more protien makes me feel full also.
  • claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Steer clear of the weight watchers stuff. In order for it to be low calorie they put artificial stuff in it, that would help up your calories. How about banana on granary toast for breakfast, even a Heinz soup for lunch (homemade would be ideal), then chicken or fish with sweet potato and veggies for dinner?

I have a little Salter scale that I weigh out my portions and it surprises me how little a serving is, if I were you I'd have an extra half serving of pasta or something to help add in calories. Nuts are a great suggestion for snacks.

From what I've learned from this site, long term eating under 1000 calories will end up slowing your metabolism down and I'm sure that's the last thing you want to do.

Good luck!