Laughing cow

Options

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    aha, just saw your post about the "healthier" cookies....so put a small dollap of the cream cheese on top and half of a strawberry, like I do with "unhealthier" cookies and voila !
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I prefer Philadelphia brand cream cheese, but my son loves Laughing Cow. He eats it plain or on crackers. I eat Philadelphia in all sorts of sinful ways...(on shortbread cookie and then topped with half a strawberry is like a mini-cheesecake).
    :D Love the creativity!
    quote]
    Mini Babybel light also Philladephia light. Big fan of both of these :happy:

The Philly spread is bit higher fat than the Laughing Cow but more tasty on toast or a jacket potato for my taste buds
    [/quote]

I only ever use cream cheese on bagels, I'll have to try baked potato.
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow! I need to go get one now! Yum!
    I have mine on baked potato with chives, make spinach parcels, add pepper and put in a chicken breast
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • mlcantwell
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the insight, I don't know how my cheese story will turn out, I was just looking for suggestions and thanks for giving them. I've been reevaluating my food choices (as I'm sure we all are here) and just looking at the possibilities. I am not suggesting anyone restrict themselves completely from food they enjoy!. <3
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I like the blue cheese flavoured one stirred through sauteed leeks as a quick sauce.

On their own, the sort of bland flavour works best with a strong flavoured cracker - my current favourite is black pepper ryvita.
  • mlcantwell
    Options
    I like the blue cheese flavoured one stirred through sauteed leeks as a quick sauce.

On their own, the sort of bland flavour works best with a strong flavoured cracker - my current favourite is black pepper ryvita.
    I love the leek idea. I usually just add a bit of butter to my leeks as a side dish.
  • Marion_
    Marion_ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have that same cheese addiction problem lol
    I also choose quality over quantity, and actually I prefer to eat "strong" cheese like bleu or goat cheese, and that way I eat less of them.
    I think real cheese lovers don't like "laughing cow" ;) Apart from sandwiches, you can also add it in soups for example, but honestly it doesn't taste like cheese.

When I started MFP I thought I would never be able to have good cheese in my fridge and not eat way more than 30g, but actually I can!!

Stinky cheese lovers united ;) Good luck!
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    When we forgot lunch and money for school dinners we used to get a triangle of cheese, two digestive biscuits, a yoghurt and an apple.

The sweet biscuits actually went quite nicely with it, but I can never really seperate the idea of cheese triangles as a punishment.
  • chelseasunrise
    Options
    I'm pretty sure Laughing Cow is the brand of Babybel.

Personally I love both though haha. I just eat the triangles or the mini babybel rounds by themselves :)
  • Beavergong
    Beavergong Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just had Philadelphia light chive and onion cream cheese on thin rice cakes and it had plenty of flavours and came in at 15 cal for the Philly.
  • mlcantwell
    Options
    I have that same cheese addiction problem lol
    I also choose quality over quantity, and actually I prefer to eat "strong" cheese like bleu or goat cheese, and that way I eat less of them.
    I think real cheese lovers don't like "laughing cow" ;) Apart from sandwiches, you can also add it in soups for example, but honestly it doesn't taste like cheese.

When I started MFP I thought I would never be able to have good cheese in my fridge and not eat way more than 30g, but actually I can!!

Stinky cheese lovers united ;) Good luck!
    Thanks for the support! I made a goat cheese and roasted vegetable sandwich about a week ago, I just gave half to my bf, problem solved! :D
    I generally don't eat heavily processed food, and I understand why after trying laughing cow! I swear I used to like it when I was a kid, but I liked Kool Aid and twinkies as well and I wouldn't eat that stuff now!
    When we forgot lunch and money for school dinners we used to get a triangle of cheese, two digestive biscuits, a yoghurt and an apple.

The sweet biscuits actually went quite nicely with it, but I can never really seperate the idea of cheese triangles as a punishment.
    That sounds like an okay lunch to me! Cheese punishment made me laugh.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I spread it on a rice cake or corn cake for my morning snack.
  • emcclore
    emcclore Posts: 38
    Options
    Oh I put these things with everything

fruit
    on toast/ mini bagel
    celery
    baked potato
    mashed potato
    turkey burger
    with turkey slices
    Anything I can pair it with really... lol

Also have you tried the flavored kind they are good too! I find they taste good with something

I know what you mean though I LOVE CHEESE too!

But honestly i just eat it sometimes in moderation......
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I usually have the light ones (25 calories each) with some reduced fat wheat thins and fresh fruit, like grapes or strawberries or blackberries. Salty-sweet-creamy :)

I also have been spreading them on wraps. thats yummy too
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I am a big lover of cheese and because of the high calories in a lot of my favorite cheeses, and seeing people mention it on MFP, I decided to buy some laughing cow light cheese triangles. I tried one spread on a cracker and it was not super tasty. The processed nature of the cheese leads me to think it would be good melted, like american cheese on a burger. So how do you eat your cheese triangles? I was thinking of adding them to omelets and melted onto chili.

I really don't think those are very good. Maybe they could be used in cooking, but on a cracker or sandwich, the taste and feel is kind of repulsive to me, and way too expensive for what it is. I just choose to watch the portion sizes on cheese that actually is cheese and tastes good.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Instead of potatoes, I mash cauliflower, with a wedge or two, yumm
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Eat the regular instead of the light version? It's only 35 cals...I love 'em!
  • poguemom3
    poguemom3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the chipotle flavor and spread it onto a whole wheat tortilla, added some fat free refried beans, rolled it up and drizzled a little red sauce over, warmed it up and had a very good burrito.
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I spread them over the Cocopop light airy rice thingies. Crunch and creaminess for under 50 calories (it's 51 total, but I can't make one and not have kids at my side asking for a bite).
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love them, I just had one for breakfast with everything pretzel chips, tasted just like a everything begal with cream cheese, but it was only 145 cal for all......