I can't stop myself...............

Options
from eating and drinking.
I know what to do but I put it in my mouth anyway.
What can I do besides stapling my mouth shut?

Replies

• granmalaura
    granmalaura Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Dieting is one of the most difficult things to do. If it was easy there would be no overweight people. I find that you have to have the right mental attitude at the time you start your diet because once you get going, seeing your pounds/kgs come off motivates you to keep going. If you are not ready in your mind then it probably won't work. To get into the right state of mind you need to look at the positives of the reasons you want or need to lose weight. Keep these at the forefront of your mind, look at the clothes you will fit into when you have lost your weight, or the activities you will be able to do that you cannot do now, anything that is a prompt will help.

I wish you good luck, it may take a few days but I am sure once you have your mind set on it, you will be able to resist temptation.
  • hannah_lin
    hannah_lin Posts: 54
    Options
    I struggle with it myself. I try to think of times in my life when I want people to see me as thin-- like on the first day of class, going home to visit my family, at the beach, etc. I think to myself, "I want to lose X lbs by X date," and then when I feel like snacking I remember that particular goal-- and I think of how much I will hate it if I have to go to that event and I'm not where I want to be. Also, try cruising around this site for inspiration and look at all the people who've done a great job losing weight-- if they did it, so can you! :)
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I deal with this issue occasionally as well---yesturday being my bad day...I went over on eating and didn't log my calories (friends BBQ). The best thing for me to tackle this at home is to not stock/keep the junk food around the house, and make veggies and fruit easily available--precutting them sometimes helps make it easier to just grab and go. My husband in not on a diet/lifestyle change and wants his junk food so I keep it to a minimum for him.

My issue is when I go to others for parties/bbqs my self control isn't as strong as I want it to be but I try.